Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music plays, but no sound and songs skip after 10 seconds

Music plays, but no sound and songs skip after 10 seconds

On both my Apple TV and Yamaha receiver, Spotify appears to connect and songs start playing, but no sound comes out. Then, after about 10 seconds, the song will skip to the next and then this repeats. Have reinstalled Apple TV app, and Spotify plays fine on other devices on same Wi-Fi network/router.
85 Replies

Hey @NaderBazzi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's something that you can check in the manual for the speaker. We could find this website, so you might want to visit it as well.

On another note, we'd recommend that you connect your device to another cable and test if it makes any difference.

If the issue persists - we'd suggest you reach out directly to the support team from Yamaha about this. If this behavior started after an update to your receiver, then this is most probably outside of Spotify's control to patch.

It is best to inform the manufacturer if the latest update that was pushed to your device has introduced a certain incompatibility with the Spotify app.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Lyubka,

I’ll keep trying contact with Yamaha to see if they can fix it.

Thank you!

Hello - I am suddenly having same issue with my Sony Brivia Google Play spotify app.   For couple of years I use the TV spotify app and my iPhone app together to listen to music on TV.   Just past couple of days the app suddenly produces no sound and the songs skip after about 6 seconds to the next song and over and over.    I've reinstalled and did a reset of the TV itself to no luck.  All the other apps on my TV work fine with sound, only Spotify is the problem.  

Hi!

Copying from another thread the solution that worked for me!

Credits to Jeroens1984

"

Ive finally found a solution !

found thuis page: https://casupport.cambridgeaudio.com/en/product/6271421-851N/message/346jwq47nali0m4a-There-is-no-au....

aparently it had something to do with ipv6 on my internet router. I am very sure i never changed anything regarding this, so why this became a problem i have no clue, but shutting ipv6 down fixed it for me"

Just fixed same issue on Sony Bravia Google Spotify app, go to delete app and do force stop and clear data and this worked for me, it started yesterday so try this out.

@NaderBazzi THANK YOU FRIEND. Spotify's coders must've utterly borked this app for this to work, but that was 100% it - stop asking us for speaker info, it's your network handling!

Same problem here, trying to play songs on my samsung smart TV model QN55QN85BAGXZD. It seems the app tries to reconnect to the device efter a while. If I pause the song before the 10 seconds have passed, it will still skip the song after a while. I have exactly the same problem as described and it's weird spotify hasn't provided a solution yet.

Solved! Thank you! 

I'm having the same problem with a Samsung TV. A song starts, there's no sound and then after 8-10 seconds, it skips.

No other app has a problem with sound, and no other app has a problem with the internet connection.

What should I do?

I unplugged my tv for a hard reset and seemed to fix issue after reinstalling.

How do I find the resolution? Same issue with my Samsung TV. No sound, switched songs every 10 seconds.  All other sound and apps work except Spotify. Local network is enabled on my phone. Reinstalled app with no luck. Switched to tv speaker no luck. Toggled from other apps to Spotify no luck. This doesn’t seem to be an issue with the hardware, since the problem is only with Spotify. 

same issue for me 

Hi all,

I have the same problem for the same TV in different rooms (Philips Ambilight) and no problem with a Wellington TV... all are connected to the same internet, same spotify account.

I've tried what the others suggested to no avail (reinstalling app on TV + phone, tried from computer - also not working, turning off IPv6, updating my TV + phone's systems, tried with Iphone 14 Pro + Iphone 13, unplugged the TV, restarted my phone, delete cache, force close app - seriously it's been 7 months since someone first reported it @Spotify get ur .... tgt)

Some background - in March/April the music was playing w/o any problems on both TVs... so it's really strange that's happening now, can't even think what made this happen in the first place... smh

Edit: I've added more potential solutions that I've tried, just in case anyone is reading this.

This is clearly a problem with Spotify and it is infuriating that months have gone by and nothing has been done.

I am experiencing sane problem on Yamaha RX-V585. On the spotify app on the phone it seems that music is playing in the music cast app from yamaha, amplituner is also showing that music is playing, but there is no sound! 

I'm having the same issue with a brand new Yamaha R-N1000A receiver. It will connect to Spotify when I initiate it with my phone but no sound comes through even though my phone shows the song as being played. 

This happens to me ALL the time! Debating not using it anymore and cancelling subscription 

Did u find any solution?? 

How??

Hey folks!

Depending on the current issue you're facing, could you try if the following abovementioned solutions could help out?

The issue might have something to do with ipv6 on your internet router:

Spoiler

Credits to @Jeroens1984 & @NaderBazzi:

The issue had something to do with ipv6 on my internet router. I am very sure i never changed anything regarding this, so why this became a problem I have no clue, but shutting ipv6 down fixed it for me"

For Sony Bravia:

Spoiler
Credits to @Mfly1976:
"On Sony Bravia Google Spotify app, go to delete app and do Force Stop and Clear Data."

Hard reset & reinstall:
Spoiler

Credits to @jbdbackfan:

"I unplugged my tv for a hard reset (unplug from power supply for roughly a minute) and seemed to fix issue after reinstalling."

Let us know if anything helps 🙂
We'll be on the lookout for replies.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts