Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases section is not updating

New Releases section is not updating

Hi! 

I registered for premium on Spotify exactly one month ago, when Spotify launched in Romania. Apart from the fact that the "Discover Weekly" playlist is still not showing up after one month of subscription in "Discover" (from what I know, it takes about two weeks for it to show up), and I can find it only if I search for "Discover Weekly" and follow the playlist, I have another problem which is a bit annoying. 

In the "New Releases" section, where Albums and Singles show up, I keep seeing the same recommendations sice day 1 of my subscription. Nothing changed. I would really like to see the latest releases based on what I listen to. I use Release Radar, indeed, but I don't follow ALL the artists I like, some may have slipped through and therefore, I would love to be able to see the New Releases updated when something comes out, plus, it also helps me be always in touch with new artists as my occupation implies that I am always up to date with new releases.

Strange thing is that my girlfrend also started the accound when I did, after Spotify launched in Romania, and she sees the same new releases as in day one as well. Can this be fixed? Is it something that has to do with the region? It would be pretty odd since I don't see how region would affect the new releases page. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Andrei 

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and bearing with us while we've been looking into this.

We want you to know that the New Releases sections are being managed and distributed differently depending on the country or region and we believe that this is the main reason for this segment to be updated irregularly for some users. However, we advise you to always keep your apps running on the latest supported versions to ensure that all features will work as expected and you don't miss out on any fixes.

It's also worthwhile checking out the What's New feed, which is available on Android and iOS and keeps you up to speed about new releases/listings from your followed artists.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any further questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Top Answer
Lyubka
Hey folks,

We understand your frustration when New Releases section is not updating, however the reasons for this happening could be much different for each and every one of you.
We can confirm that the team has made changes to the feature and the behavior described in this thread at this time step should have improved. As this thread here has become too general and has grown a bit old, going forward, we'd like to close it off, so feel free to start a new thread where you give us more info about what exactly is happening and what you've tried to resolve this.

We're always working on making the algorithm better and we'd love to help if you experience difficulties with the New Releases updating.
We recommend:
  • performing a clean reinstall using the steps here;
  • clearing cached files;
  • logging out > restarting > logging back in;
  • keeping the app running on the latest supported versions.
We hope this clears things up. Take care!
98 Replies

Here is a screenshot of my New Releases section. As you can see, albums has not been updated since last April...

Last week a new album (by spiritbox) suddenly appeared from September but that's it.

Thanks, GolanScreen Shot 2021-09-30 at 13.23.09.png

I see the exact same list as Golan posted

Me too

My list looks different, except that Spiritbox album. That album appearing is the only new change that I've seen since when the problem occurred. It appeared last week, so I guess the current rate is about 1 new album every six months lol

werk91_0-1633013776936.png

Also here's what the list looks like a bit further down, as you can see  some of these are albums and singles from 2020..

werk91_1-1633013914013.png

Nectar by Joji and the ALICIA albums came out in Sept 2020, they should have left the new releases section a long long time ago...

Worry not my friends, Apple Music to the rescue...

Here is your new music from the real world.
keep getting back here to get updated once in a while courtesy of our friends from apple.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 18.36.31.png

LOL, I switched to Deezer and am super happy so far 🙂

exactly same store here. same country same albums same NEW album

Hi,

The list changed slightly, though it doesn't reflect (in my opinion) the range of new albums and singles released recently.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 13.01.08.png

A quick update from my side. I have been regularly checking the New Releases section in the last weeks and I happy to see that things are now steadily working. I see the new releases that I was expecting to see in the list, and it's regularly updated. So far so good... It's so nice to see (finally!!) the New releases populated by really new and meaningful albums.

Fingers crossed.  

Still nothing new for me, old broken list as usual...

Well, for a second i thought that things are changing but again the New Releases section is not updating... the newest release i see is Coldplay's latest album but nothing has changed since (from October 15 !)... 

same here

Same problem. Live in Cyprus.

I've left spotify a while ago cause of this issue, but did find out searching for tag:new shows some of the new releases.

One year after and this is still not working. Here and there an album is added but far from what has been released. I have switched to Apple Music because there I can find everything that is new day by day... a shame for spotify support... it's trash. 

I gave up and moved to Apple Music. Man, the difference is sound and
functional quality is night an day.

Make the jump, folks; Spotify is garbage.

Hey folks!

Our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify. Could you confirm that everything looks good on your end now?

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well I can't confirm that since on my end everything is basically as broken as it was before. The latest album in my New Releases page is Harry Styles - Harry's House, it came out over 2 months ago. Also if I scroll down far enough I still see releases from 2020 and older...

It's true there was a small improvement some time ago but so marginal that I didn't think it was even worth talking about. Whatever it is the developers did to break this functionality in the first place, it really shouldn't be this hard that they can't fix it for several years now. And I say this because software development is my career. This is a serious flaw in the system and it seems no one cares enough about it to take some proper action and resolve it once and for all.

It's a big shame.

Hey folks,

We understand your frustration when New Releases section is not updating, however the reasons for this happening could be much different for each and every one of you.
We can confirm that the team has made changes to the feature and the behavior described in this thread at this time step should have improved. As this thread here has become too general and has grown a bit old, going forward, we'd like to close it off, so feel free to start a new thread where you give us more info about what exactly is happening and what you've tried to resolve this.

We're always working on making the algorithm better and we'd love to help if you experience difficulties with the New Releases updating.
We recommend:
  • performing a clean reinstall using the steps here;
  • clearing cached files;
  • logging out > restarting > logging back in;
  • keeping the app running on the latest supported versions.
We hope this clears things up. Take care!
LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi everyone, 

We've received word that this should now be fixed and that New Releases should be updating as expected.

Can you let us know if this has been fixed on your end.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts