Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases section is not updating

New Releases section is not updating

Hi! 

I registered for premium on Spotify exactly one month ago, when Spotify launched in Romania. Apart from the fact that the "Discover Weekly" playlist is still not showing up after one month of subscription in "Discover" (from what I know, it takes about two weeks for it to show up), and I can find it only if I search for "Discover Weekly" and follow the playlist, I have another problem which is a bit annoying. 

In the "New Releases" section, where Albums and Singles show up, I keep seeing the same recommendations sice day 1 of my subscription. Nothing changed. I would really like to see the latest releases based on what I listen to. I use Release Radar, indeed, but I don't follow ALL the artists I like, some may have slipped through and therefore, I would love to be able to see the New Releases updated when something comes out, plus, it also helps me be always in touch with new artists as my occupation implies that I am always up to date with new releases.

Strange thing is that my girlfrend also started the accound when I did, after Spotify launched in Romania, and she sees the same new releases as in day one as well. Can this be fixed? Is it something that has to do with the region? It would be pretty odd since I don't see how region would affect the new releases page. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Andrei 

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and bearing with us while we've been looking into this.

We want you to know that the New Releases sections are being managed and distributed differently depending on the country or region and we believe that this is the main reason for this segment to be updated irregularly for some users. However, we advise you to always keep your apps running on the latest supported versions to ensure that all features will work as expected and you don't miss out on any fixes.

It's also worthwhile checking out the What's New feed, which is available on Android and iOS and keeps you up to speed about new releases/listings from your followed artists.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any further questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Top Answer
Lyubka
Hey folks,

We understand your frustration when New Releases section is not updating, however the reasons for this happening could be much different for each and every one of you.
We can confirm that the team has made changes to the feature and the behavior described in this thread at this time step should have improved. As this thread here has become too general and has grown a bit old, going forward, we'd like to close it off, so feel free to start a new thread where you give us more info about what exactly is happening and what you've tried to resolve this.

We're always working on making the algorithm better and we'd love to help if you experience difficulties with the New Releases updating.
We recommend:
  • performing a clean reinstall using the steps here;
  • clearing cached files;
  • logging out > restarting > logging back in;
  • keeping the app running on the latest supported versions.
We hope this clears things up. Take care!
98 Replies

It is still broken on my end I'm afraid... I have also just done a clean reinstall and cleared all local cache. Here is a screenshot of the new releases section:

werk91_0-1663319831078.png

werk91_1-1663319949266.png

As someone mentioned previously this is an issue with data cached somewhere on your servers towards each account. Clearing our local cache can't fix this. Some of these albums are from Jan 2022, they should not be appearing in this list at all let alone so high up...

The problem is still relevant. All of your recommendations have been implemented — cache busting and reinstalling doesn't help. My "New releases" list has not been updated for 8 months!

samr here

it feels like no one really tries to solve the problem.

i quit paying for about a year

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please share a few screenshots of how the New Releases section looks on your end and tell us when the issue first occurred (if you haven't already), so the relevant team can investigate this?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sure, I'll play the game again. Here's a screenshot from today, you can directly compare it to the one I posted over a month ago just a few posts up. Since then there has been exactly 1 album added to my New releases section... Out of potentially hundreds of new releases in the last months Spotify has decided to grace me with one album. Also Harry's House came out in May, even the most musically oblivious random person on the street knows that new music would have been released in the last 5 months. Looking forward to hearing the outcome from the supposed investigation 🙄

werk91_0-1666947448583.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

IPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 10,

My Question or Issue

Hi. My New Releases section of Spotify hasn’t updated with new albums for 2 weeks, but release radar seems to update. Please mqy i ask if anyone is aware on how to fix or is this something Spotify tech teams are aware of and looking at?

Thank you

J

Hi. Just to say i cleared my cache in Spotify and seemed to help as i now see new albums released today:

As was mentioned previously this is indeed a cache issue but not local cache on the device used, rather its cached stored remotely on Spotify's servers or whatever against each user account. Your problem would have been different if clearing the cache resolved it. I can clear my cache every day and even go and log in to the same account on a brand new PC that has never had Spotify installed before and I will still see the same New releases list as I posted over a month ago. Speaking of which of course my list has not changed since then (or for over 3 months to be exact), but to make matters even worse (I didn't think it was possible) now the Release radar page has stopped updating also. Nothing new has been added there for a whole week now even though there has been loads of new albums and tracks released by bands I follow and regularly listen to. Spotify is a joke, and its not even funny anymore 🤡

The New Album and Singles section doesn't update since last year. What is happening?

Mine hasn't been working for over a year now. Just get used to living without that feature as I don't think anyone from Spotify cares enough to do anything about it. 

Yeah, I don’t think there is anyone there, it is as if someone developed this app and now just let it be. There is no  ‘ customer service’ department 

Hi

This is the "new" stuff at the moment. From a year ago. 

Screenshot_20230308_224618_Spotify.jpg

Yeah mine looked like that for ages but eventually it "updated" and few albums were added, still really old ones obviously. Here's a screenshot taken just now. 

I'm starting to wonder whether this is all just some conspiracy and Harry Styles pays dearly so that Spotify always keep his album on the top. Considering the amount of people reporting this problem, the amount of time elapsed during which nothing has been done to remedy it and the fact we're basically ignored here whenever we raise the matter I'd say this conspiracy is seeming like the most plausible explanation. Either that or Spotify's tech department is the most useless ever. 

Screenshot_20230308-231956~2.png

Plan: Premium

Location: Cyprus (new region after changing country of living)

Devices: iPhone 12, Mac desktop app, web version

New Release section is not updated since 2021 for all platform. The issue is actual for all platform. I cleared cache and re-installed apps.

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

And here's mine again, almost 7 months since any new albums were added... The situation is dire. 

Screenshot_20230512-233302~2.png

So while we wait another 5 years or so for Spotify to fix this I found "solution" for looking at the latest New releases and it involves using your PC's browser and going to this page (just make sure you are not logged in...):

https://open.spotify.com/genre/new-releases-bottom-composite

Whenever I load this page I can correctly see the actual new releases and this is still on the same device that I listen to Spotify on normally:

werk91_0-1689602032025.png

Not sure what other proof one might need to realise this is not a local cache problem but a server side cache problem. You can reinstall Spotify thousands of times on PC, Android or w/e and it will still show the same boring outdated list of new releases as soon as you log into your account. The other proof that this is account related is that if you go and make a brand new account right now the New releases will be the latest list, although no one knows for how long that will be the case until the same bug occurs and you're stuck looking at "new" releases from a year or two ago:

werk91_1-1689602107984.png

Broken on my side as well . 

Come on Spotify , Fix it . 

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

iphone 14 pro + mac sonoma 14.2.1

Operating System

see above

My Question or Issue

Release radar inconsistent between desktop client, and mobile. i'm getting two slightly different sets of songs on what should be the same playlist.

Expected behaviour: the same playlist should show the same songs, between desktop and mobile

Actual behaviour: the same playlist viewed through desktop and mobile are showing different things. 

In the attachments, the difference lies in the second song. In each, the second song is by the same artist, but the songs are different. 

IMG_0932.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 12.32.13.png

Hello!

I've noticed that sometimes the Release Radar songs are the same between weeks, meaning there is no refresh to this list. Or maybe the Release Radar updates itself on a random date? So if I listen on Tuesday, but still see the same list on Friday. 

On the Release Radar song list I saved several of them to Liked From Radio playlist yesterday. Then today, on Friday, it shows the list was updated ~19h ago, but the song list remains same (across devices, even when relogging etc)

It's not a big problem and usually it does update, but just putting this out in case anyone else has this happening time to time. 

Suggested posts