Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No longer able to repeat 1 song

Solved!

No longer able to repeat 1 song

Up until this newest update I could press repeat once to put the whole playlist on repeat, then again to repeat just that one song, and a third click would turn off repeat. Now it only goes between repeat all and turning repeat off. It's the same on both firefox and chrome.

I don't know whether this is a bug or if it's been intentionally disabled, but either way it's absolutely infuriating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ruruskadoo

I just spoke with Spotify staff and they have informed me it is part of the new update 🙂

However, they have passed along the feedback to the correct team 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Agreed - the removal of this function is really frustrating and degrades the user experiance significantly. 

Marked as solution

The problem is solved. It's working fine, at least with me.

70 Replies

Hey @Ruruskadoo

I have just asked about this for you 🙂 

I will get back to you when I have an answer about this 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @Ruruskadoo

I just spoke with Spotify staff and they have informed me it is part of the new update 🙂

However, they have passed along the feedback to the correct team 🙂

Wow, what bull**bleep**. =/

Thanks for the help anyway.

@Jean3601 - Can you make this suggestion: If the change was intended to make "repeat" simpler (if users were getting confused), allow us to "Shift-Click" or (Alt-Click / Control-Click) the repeat button to get the "single repeat" functionality back. That will prevent it from confusing most users.

I'm guessing "User confusion" is why the feature was disabled.  Especially given adding it was considered Spotify News-worthy on the official blog just over 2 years ago.

Just to support the other feedback. I don't like this update but would be happy with a right click option (or other suitible alternative) if confusion is being caused elsewhere.

Marked as solution

Agreed - the removal of this function is really frustrating and degrades the user experiance significantly. 

Who was the genius who approved this update?

The Android app also lost this feature when streaming to devices, which is INFURIATING. I have a great atmospheric song for concentration and now I need to interrupt myself and press Previous to go listen to it again.

The only way to have "repeat 1" is to listen on my phone, then connect the phone over Bluetooth to my speakers, which is a poor solution.

What I do when I really want to repeat a song is creating a playlist with a single song in it and repeat the playlist. Not really enjoyable to do but it does the job.

Part of the new update? More like: adds to the list of reasons for me to switch to Apple Music. 😕

The function 'repeat 1 song'. Does not work, neither on my Iphone and via Chrome.

It used to work properly. What happened?

I noted that in the PC versione you now have to make the loop of one song manually everytime, before if you done that one time it will remain for every song, very frustrating.

I can't see the '1' anymore, not on my PC, nor on my phone.... @Spotify: what's the idea??

Do you have the free version?

Nope. Premium.

Do you think this will be fixed?

i dont understand why not make it a right click or shift click or whatever on desktop and long press on mobile? did they really not think of these solutions or did they think this was an unnecessary feature? i guess there's workarounds like making a playlist but they do degrade the user experience.. get it together, Spotify.

This was about money/ad revenue or something equally irreverant of consumer insight; it smacks of it. A kludgy workaround would be to create a playlist consisting of only the song you want, and putting that on repeat. It would at least make sure that your desired repeat would be feasible cross-platform. Still, when you update, the general idea is to gain functionality and not to lose it. Hope they look into this; even disabled by default (with the option to enable) would be better to losing the ability entirely. 

Agreed on the suckiness of this. Sometimes when working I need to loop stuff to just concentrate. Now it breaks my concentration every time I moves on. 

C'mon dudes. Give us 5x as a compromise?

Personally, I use a playlist of ambiant songs for my RPG games and sometimes the action is longer than the song so I really need this Repeat 1 functionality to keep the ambiance consistent and focus on the story telling rather than Spotify. 😕

Suggested posts