Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not showing playing song on remote device while using Spotify Connect in liked playlist

Not showing playing song on remote device while using Spotify Connect in liked playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Thailand

Device

(iPad 8th Gen, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Windows 10 pc)

Operating System

(iPadOS 15.0, Android 11, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I can't see playing songs on remote device but the song will be played normally on the receiver device, Nothing is shown on remote device and unable to tap the next and previous button I have tested that everything seems to be working fine until 151st song the rest will become blank like this (I have around 880 songs in liked playlist) 

S__5914630.jpg(This is what happens when I tried to select  any song that after 151st song in liked playlist)

But I tried using web player (or just open it on Microsoft edge) everything seems to be working fine on all devices but as soon as I close Web Player and select other songs from liked playlist it will be blank again

S__5914628.jpg(This is playing on Web Player taken from iPad)

I reinstalled on all devices and swap wifi but it still not working

I also tried other playlists that have more than 1200 songs but they're working fine I only have a problem with liked playlist 

I have experienced this problem for 2 days and I still have no clue how to fix it so I create a topic in the community 🙂

S__5914630.jpg
S__5914628.jpg
Screenshot 2021-10-05 150003.png
11 Replies

Hi @LinaBanana,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

To start, we'd like to know more about your current setup. Could you let us know what kind of receiver you are using? 

Also, have you tried to connect to a different receiver/speaker to check if the issue persists? If not, please give it a try. 

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I use my phone as a remote and my computer or iPad as a receiver

I have tried swapping receiver like I used iPad as a remote and my phone as a receiver, Computer as a remote and iPad as a receiver it still not working

I also tried connecting my Bluetooth speaker to every devices, They’re working fine if I use a device that connecting to speaker control music but If i use another device to control music on a device that connected to speaker it will have that problem

Example: iPad is connected to bluetooth speaker it is working fine but if I use my phone or computer as a remote to control music on iPad that connected to speaker it will have a problem (Connect or not connect a speaker has the same result)

Hi @LinaBanana,

Thank you for your reply and sharing those insights! 

Since this is happening across multiple devices, we'll do some connectivity tests. Please start by restarting your modem and try again. If the issue persists, could you connect to a different internet/mobile network to see if the same happens?

Alternatively, you can create an internet hotspot with one of your devices and connect all the other devices to it. 

Lastly, let us know if this started happening after a certain event such as an update or a change made to your internet setup.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

After a couple of updates, the problem was resolved. Thank you for your support and advice 🙂

Hey @LinaBanana

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Oh no, there's bad news It started happening again after working fine for 2 days 😞

Hey @LinaBanana,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Could you try the connectivity suggestions that @MafeG mentioned above? This would help us narrowing down what the root cause of the issue might be.

Additionally, can you let us know which updates solved the issue last time? Were they OS or Spotify updates?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

It was updates from Spotify.

I'm not sure which update fixed the problem; it could have been the most recent one, but it only works for about two days.
Yes, I restarted my modem and switched to a different internet but it still doesn't work. 🙂

Hi @LinaBanana,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

Next thing you can try is logging out everywhere with the steps you'll find here. Then, restart your devices and log back in.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

CarlosEModerator

After the last update the problem has been fixed however It still happen sometimes but if i restart Spotify it will working fine. 😁

Hey @LinaBanana,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Glad to hear that it worked out. In case this happens again, it's a good idea to check if there are any firmware updates.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts