Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

iPad Pro

Operating System

iOS 16.4.1

My Question or Issue

Spotify defaults to the latest podcast episode no matter what I do. I have tried several different podcasts and none of the older episodes will play in any of them. For example if I choose episode 4 in the History of Egypt podcast then episode 178 ( the latest one ) starts playing. I have made sure Spotify and my iPad are all updated and I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but nothing has worked. Any ideas on how to fix this?

8 Replies

I’m having the exact same issue. 

Yes happening to me but so far only two podcasts that I follow. Several other podcasts I follow are playing correctly whichever episode I chose 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and sharing your experiences.

Could you post links to the affected podcasts so we can take a better look? Does this happen with multiple accounts or only your current one? How about different devices?

What are the brands, models and operating systems of the affected devices?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The “rest is history” and “we have ways of making you talk” podcasts. It is happening on my account on my iPhone. I am able to listen to different episodes of these two podcasts when I listen though my Spotify account on my Samsung tv. And  I have other podcasts I listen to on my iPhone where I can play older episodes with no problems. So it seems to be those two podcast shows only on my iPhone. Strange

Hey @Feenj

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you send us the URI of the podcasts you mention? We'll take a closer look. 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your iPhone to see if they can replicate this with their own account on your device?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It started with this episode: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7yK42quAc1cLmZ23hHW9op?si=VEUH5R6WRLm4e1cKnfoTnA

I’ve started the episode but when I wanted to finish the episodethe day after, I couldn’t 

Same here for "The Rest is History" podcast. This is the earliest episode I can play: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6TnD0YsQB7DbY1dxkmOqYh?si=04eca02437ef4bbd. Everything before that doesn't load.

Hey folks,

Thank you for the messages.

To continue investigating this issue, could you check if this happens with other different podcasts?

Also, as this could be related to network restrictions, would you mind checking with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts