Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Solved!

Onkyo reciever not showing in Spotify Connect list.

Hi there,

I have an Onlyo NR-616 with the latest firmware, when I open Spotify Connect on my mobile device (Samsung S3) my Onkyo reciever is not listed. How can I remedy this?

Thanks in advance

Jevon

90 Replies

Yep, that's correct. I know its not the solution to this topic, but I wanted to have a seamless solution and not fidde!ing around with onkyo apps on the phone or firmware issues etc, so my uncle recommended me a system called "Bluesound" which is fantastic. It can stream from all major services like Spotify (connect) Tidal, Deezer, And also Tunein. It's connected to my Onkyo using an optical cable and the box itself is connected via an Ethernet cable to my router. Its like a stand-alone system which is linked to my receiver. 

Sorry for being so off topic....

Regards

Jeroen 

I had the same problem here on my TX-NR626.

My receiver had a wired LAN connection, and never showed up as a Spotify Connect device.

But after I tried to use WiFi on my receiver, it's listed in Spotify. It's still buggy, sometimes it stops playing and don't show up anymore. When I unplug my 626, as mentioned above, it will work again fo a while.

I'm happy it works now, but still prefer to use a wired connection..

Before I found out it works on WiFi I have sent an e-mail to Onkyo about this.

Onkyo Customer Care:
this issue seems to be a Spotify cash problem. With an Android device it is possible to clear the cash. Unfotunaly not with iOS. We are in contact with Spotify to solve this problem. 

They also gave me advice to do a full reset on my receiver, reset my router and reinstall the Spotify app, but didn't solve the problem.

Hello there,

I have the same problem with my Onkyo TX-NR626. I can´t view my amplifier form my android mobile using Spotify Connect, but if I try to connect from my PS3 that is connected to the same router I don't have any problem, I can play and control everything from my mobile. Please anyone can tell what can I do to resolve this issue with my Onkyo Amplifier?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have an Onkyo TX-8050. It won't show up in the Spotify Connect, though the device is listed in:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/spotify-and-onkyo-50268.html

I have installed the latest firmware; the device is in the same WiFi network; and the Onkyo is listed in the multi-media devices in the network environment on my PC.

From the Onlyo-device itself it is possible to connect to Spotify.

However, if I start Spotify on  my PC and press "connect" , the Onkyo doesn't show up. Other devices (my android phone, an iPad) do show up, but the Onkyo remains invisible.

I have tried several things, like switching the Onkyo on and off; disconnect the wifi and reconnect it; restart the app on my PC. Nothing works until now.

It would be great if you could help me out, here.

-- Karel

Hi,

Just bought 535 and trying to connect it to Spotify.

Onkyo does not appear on the list of devices, however it mentioned, that only Premium accounts can use this feature.

Playing music through blue tooth now.

I bought a Onkyo NR535 yesterday just because it claimed to be Spotify compliant but it didn't work through  Connect.

Today I followed your suggestion several times but nothing ..

Finally, I tried ti configue WiFi instead of the cable connection and now IT WORKS perfectly (even though this is nonsense!!)

Thank You !!!!!!

I have a TX-1010 and had limited success cold booting the receiver.
I installed Spotify on the PS4 to go that way and now the PS4 comes up on the connection list AND my ONKYO 1010. Now playing direct through the receiver no problems at all
Absolutely no reason this should work but does anyway

My tx nr515 doesn't show up either.... Worked after I upgraded the firmware...the onkyo Android app connects OK....very annoying

Ditto what msellars said. TX-NR515. I swear that it *has* worked, but not in the past week. 

My solution was to buy a decent pair of speakers and attach them directly to my computer through the sound card and a dedicated amplifier. But I'd rather be playing through my Onkyo and Polk towers.

fwiw, I actually have two TX-NR515s. One is connected to wireless network, one is Ethernet wired directly through the router. On the one wired directly through the router, the receiver's network connection is stable, and all network services work EXCEPT Spotify. One the one with the Onkyo wireless dongle, the network connectivity is "sporadic", but when it does connect, it usually also shows up on the Spotify list.

My PC and Android phone are both on the wireless network, and they both play Spotify and I can send the audio from the PC to the phone and vice versa. 

I can't think of why wireless vs. wired would make a difference since both are on the same subnet, i.e. IP address range, but perhaps that has something to do with it.

My Onkyo does show in The devices List - however the Connection fails when I Choose it...

It seems the only way to remedy this issue is to purchase the "Onkyo UWF-1 Wireless LAN Adapter" in order to play your Spotify music which is quite bothering but upon doing some research on this issue as I have tried several times until I purchased it myself. Now it works smoothly without any problems which is quite ridiculous as it's on the same internet network even with an ethernet connection but for some reason when it is connected that way, Spotify cannot detect the device unless it's on the same frequency. I believe that to be an issue with the Onkyo software or the way the receiver was configured. Hope that it something that Onkyo would be able to remedy in the near future as I really enjoy my Onkyo TX-NR525. Hope that helps to clarify some of those issues that everyone has been having. Thanks

UWF1-avr.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Really appreciate the reply.

I've got the Onkyo adapter on one of my TX-NR515s, and I have the other one connected to a wired network. They both work with Spotify sometimes, and sometimes they don't. I also have multiple android phones, and sometimes one will work and another won't. It all seems rather random. 

I also bought a couple of those Google Chromecast devices and plug them into receivers and TVs. Spotify works with them very reliably. The only problem with them is that my receiver's Zone 2 does not work with HDMI inputs. The workaround to that is to route the audio through the TV, and set the receiver and TV so that the sound goes back from the TV to receiver, then play the TV/CD setting on Zone 2 🙂 . Very Rube Goldberg-ish.

The bottom line for me is that if I buy enough gadgets I can always get something to work for me. 

Thanks again. 

Got same problem - can find the device but wont connect -.-  

If it wont work no spotify for me

Marked as solution

Hello everyone. I found this topic having the same problem. I have the TX-NR414 with wifi adapter and I think I found the solution.

My problem first was that even though the receiver was found by my Spotify app it would not connect. But then the Onkyo receiver will even disappear from the Spotify app.

To solve this I used a laptop to connect to the web configuration interface of the receiver (simply open your browser and go to the IP assigned to your receiver) and changed the name in the network by removing any special character, specifically I removed the hyphen so I went from TX-414 to TX414. Avoid special characters and spaces. Also make sure you are using DHCP.
This made the trick for me.

Edited: to make it more clear to understand.

luigidelgado1

You are a GENIUS!

My NR-616 had the Friendly Name of "TX-NR616", editing this to "TXNR616"  (i.e. removing the hyphen/minus sign) and clicking SAVE and the Amp instantly appeared in the Devices list on my iOS Spotify app.  

I was struggeling with my Onkyo TX-NR616 for over a year. It only worked when I switched the Onkyo from DHCP to manual, save and then switch back again to DHCP

However, after installing this [1] update on my Apple Airport all the problems dissapeared.

[1] https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1880?locale=en_US

Hello, all!

I have the same problem with my Onkyo TX-8050 connected to router via ethernet cable. It is not appear in device list on PC and Android. Both can see each other in device list. Onboard Onkyo client works perfect, I can navigate and play music.

What is done:

1. last onkyo firmware installed 

2. Reset done for onkyo and router.

3. dhcp option was set off and on.

4. Friendly name of Onkyo was changed to TX8050.

I do not have Onkyo WiFi adapter and no way to borrow it. 

What can I do else to be able to control my amp using PC or android application?!

I would appreciate for your suggestions!

Help : i have the same problem, Onkyo C-N7050 and the device is not on spotify list....aaaaarrrrggghh ! the cn is wired connect on the router, maybe with wifi dongle it run ?

Have you tried my solution mentioned above?

yes but it not appear!

Suggested posts