Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Other family members do not see Amazon Alexa devices

Solved!

Other family members do not see Amazon Alexa devices

I have 3 Amazon Alexa devices in my house.  I am logged into Alexa app using my username (brian).  I then login from Alexa app into spotify premium using my spotify account.  But only my Spotify phone and Desktop client see the Amazon devices, the other family members, who are on my spotify family plan cannot send music to these devices, as they do not show up in their spotify clients.  How can I have them see my devices and share them?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think i just figured this out.  I had to invite the other household members to the "household" using the Alexa app.  Once they are added they now need to open Alexa app on their own devices and link to their own Spotify account.  Now everyone has all devices show up in their spotify accounts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I think i just figured this out.  I had to invite the other household members to the "household" using the Alexa app.  Once they are added they now need to open Alexa app on their own devices and link to their own Spotify account.  Now everyone has all devices show up in their spotify accounts!

Hey, im having same problem. Did you get it to work? My main echo is registered to me and we have family spotify. I cant get other members of family to play from their spotify accounts. They re on household and have spotify linked to their alexa accounts. But spotify still won't play on main echo on their accounts

Same here, Alexa says it is only for the primary user. Really need this to be fixed, I am not sure the point of a household if this is reserved for the primary user only.

I have this issue...but have found a work around. I simply say to Alexa " connect to Spotify" and the device appears on their Spotify account to connect to. You do have to  do this every time you want to  play music.....but it works. Will try inviting them via Alexa app later. 

Hello,

this not working for us. 

We use 2 Alexa User-Profiles with 2 differnt Spotify Premium, but if the second user try to access Spotify, Alexa tell us, that this is only possible for the Main-User 😞

Suggested posts