Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Oneplus Nord

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

When I play any music on Spotify, the background wallpaper on my lock screen (not my home screen/unlocked screen) will switch to the cover of the current music title. As soon as I close Spotify, the cover vanishes from the screen. I have checked all over Spotifys settings and can't find a fitting toggle for it. Changing my phone hasn't solved the problem either. Can someone lend me a hand here? Been having the problem for years but never really minded up until recently. Cheers in advance.

4 Replies

Hi there @FlyingKittin,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

This seems very strange. I'd recommend doing a full reinstall of the Spotify app, like described here. 

If that doesn't make a difference, please let us know the following:

• When did this start happening? After an OS or Spotify update?
  • Current Spotify app version.
  • A short video recording of the issue. It can be attached to your reply or as a link to YouTube.

It might also help to check your phone's Customization> Wallpaper settings in case there is something in there linked to Spotify. You can try disabling automatic Wallpaper change under Daily lock screen wallpaper.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Newest iOS iPhone 13. Tried to attach file but the screenshot exceeds maximum 

Hey @JT69,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, it'd be really helpful if you send us a video recording of what you kindly mentioned. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

On another note, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running in your device? 

Lastly, just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Try tapping on the album cover while in your lock screen - that switches my wallpaper from normal with the spotify widget to the full spotify album cover on my wallpaper.

Suggested posts