Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Play button greyed

Solved!

Play button greyed

Hi,

From a few days the play button is greyed out in web player, so I cannot play any song. I have tried to clear web browser cache, logout and log in again, but that didn't solve the problem. I haven't used spotify on any other device and I'm not logged in to my account on any other computer. I really have no idea what might be the reason play button is disabled. Did anyone have similar problem? Any ideas?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @m_milosz

I suggest you try this:

Click on an album's play button continuously (like a madman), then refresh the page (F5) whilst continuing clicking until the page fully reloads. You may have to do it twice.

I am not exactly sure why this works, but it has been helpful :')

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I also checked DRM content settings and web browser version (firefox 57). Everyting seems to be ok.

Did anyone have similar problem?

Marked as solution

Hey @m_milosz

I suggest you try this:

Click on an album's play button continuously (like a madman), then refresh the page (F5) whilst continuing clicking until the page fully reloads. You may have to do it twice.

I am not exactly sure why this works, but it has been helpful :')

Let me know how it goes!

Hello guys! I got same problem where I cannot listen to songs on my web player. I used to listen songs on Google Chrome and since yesterday night I couldn't play any song i wished In fast, all the buttons down below weren't working, like they are disabled to work properly. I really don't know what I should do about this, but I really need help. Any help from anyone is appreciated. Thank you! 🙂Screenshot (25).pngScreenshot (26).png

Timothy

Hi @Sebasty,

Thank you!!! Hahaha that really solved the problem 🙂 I guess this is some bug in Spotify Web Player. Anyway I can play music now 🙂

@m_milosz Awesome! 🙂 Rock on!

@timplaysyoutube

Please try the Solution (my previous post) and let me know if it helped or not 🙂

For Joe Rogan Podcast make sure "Explicit content" is enabled

Settings -> Explicit content -> Enabled

This caused the play button to be greyed out on the web player as well as the desktop app.

I never tried that before but it worked great thank you very much I've had to happen before but I forget how I fixed it it was a pain that was easy thank you!

Suggested posts