Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Player stops on TIVO Roamio after each track, sometimes two.

Player stops on TIVO Roamio after each track, sometimes two.

I use Spotify most often on my TIVO Roamio. My playlists stop after one or two tracks. I bet I've manually queued the next song 30 times today. The support files suggest I log out and log back in. I've done that numerous times. I've also logged out from all devices, logged in and still have the same problem. I've also powered my TIVO down and rebooted it.

This is very frustrating. Any help will be appreciated. 

39 Replies

Me too. But it's after literally every track. I have two premium subscriptions (me and my son). I'm ready to dump this service if I can't get this answered and resolved. This was posted on 2/27/2015.

I'm at the same point. Listening to Amazon Prime music now when I should be
listening to my Spotify playlist.

Same for me since the last TIVO Premium update. Spotify support said to reinstall the app. I had to explain to them that the "app" can't be uninstalled. They haven't responded since. I don't think they know how TIVO works.

I agree, I think they're clueless. Nothing useful from them or from TIVO support. I can imagine them pointing fingers at each other. My Pandora works like a charm, my Netflix works perfectly, Hulu Plus is doing great, all on my TIVO but Spotify can't get it together.

I think Spotify is trying to get on as many platforms as possible.

It seems odd that sometimes it will play several tracks in a row, then stops.

Before the last update, it worked perfectly.

I have seen this behavior too. As everyone has said it happened after the last update to Tivo. I also have a Spotify app on my Roku and it plays my playlists just fine. The problem isn't with Spotify or, if it is, its a clash between Spotify and the Tivo Spotify app. Now, who created the Spotify app? I thought the providers created the apps for their services on different platforms. Did the Spotify app change how it works with the new Tivo software or did the app get updated too and it introduced the problem? Sorry, no answers but a different set of questions. I have just gone to using my Roku Spotify app although it kills the beauty of having it all on one platform. Although none of the Spotify apps is as good as the Spotify app on my Android tablet. Can't we get that same functionality on Tivo (or Roku if we don't get the Tivo Spotify app fixed)? Mike

Just got a Tivo and I'm happy with it, other than the Spotify app. Please make a new update for your app Spotify and fix this! I'm not going to manually advance each track forever.

"A lie can get halfway around the world before the truth can even get its boots on."

Well TIVO support confirmed that it is their problem. It won't be fixed until the next update and there is nothing scheduled as of now.

Exactly my issue. TiVo Roamio stops playing in the middle of a playlist. Very annoying. I'm paying for a Spotify Premium subscription. Please just work.

I don't think anyone at Spotify cares. I rebooted my Tivo, my wireless, and
my login countless times without success. I finally gave up and quit my
premium. Pandora is definitely a step down, but it is free and it works on
my Tivo without any problems.

TIVO support admitted to me that it was their problem and it would be fixed in a future update. Not date was given.

That sounds encouraging. I will wait for the next Tivo update and in the
meantime I too have Pandora and have been using it. Thanks for the update.
Mike

Everyone,

I would post on the corresponding thread at the TiVO forums. Especially if it is a TiVO issue. Plus, those threads are monitored by TiVO support.

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaypost?postID=11255026#e11255026

It definitely wasn't fixed in the Fall 2015 update. This is making my decision between using Spotify and Apple Music a lot easier.

Yeah I switched to Apple Music and dropped Spotify. Apple Music had an edge in content as well.

Are you able to load the Apple Music app in TiVo?

No. Using AirPlay separately. Would be nice if TiVo supported AirPlay and/or Apple Music but I figure that's a long shot

as far as i know, tivo, just like sonos, develop their own Spotify app. so if there's a problem with their app and everywhere else it's working, you should contact tivo

Of course, they pass the buck to Spotify.

Suggested posts