Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist description showing characters HTML-encoded

Playlist description showing characters HTML-encoded

Device

Windows 10 desktop client (new design)

My Question or Issue

Hello

I found a problem where if you have " or < or > or & or / in your playlist description and then try to edit it, their corresponding HTML code is displayed (&quot;) (&lt;) (&gt;) (&amp;) (&#x2F;). Maybe there are more, but those where some i had tried.

Found this 5min ago by random

Have a nice day

7 Replies

Hey there @Fischer_TG

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if you notice the same behavior when you log in to your account using a different device? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the quick reply

I reinstalled it on my desktop and the problem still remains. On my laptop I hadn't updated Spotify in a while and so I had an old version to test. It worked without problems. When I installed to current version, the problem started to occur on my laptop as well.

Hope this reply helps

Hey @Fischer_TG,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you noticed a difference after checking this on another device with a different Spotify version, could you confirm both versions of the app? Follow the steps here on how to get the full app version number.  

Also, do you mind sending us a screenshot displaying how this looks on your end? This will help us take a closer look at the issue. You can attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos button above the post editor.

Tip: Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as your personal data.  

Keep us in the loop here. 

Hello

Version with the problem: 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

Version without the problem: 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6

In the first screenshot you see the playlist name and description.

In the second you see the editing window when trying to edit it.

In the third you see when the new description is saved. (repeating will add for every & an amp;)

Hope this information will help you out

screen1.png
screen2.png
screen3.png

Hey @Fischer_TG,

Thanks for providing us with the requested info. 

Looking at the screenshots and the app version we can say this seems to be particularly related to the new desktop experience you got after the recent update. 

In such a case we suggest having a look at this thread in our Community Blog. Here you can get in touch with our Desktop team and share more details about what you've experienced.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Hello

I wanted to report a problem with the description editing of playlist. I already talked about it with the help team and they told, I should bring it up here. Discussion Link here 

Best regards

Hey @Fischer_TG ,

Thanks for posting.

We appreciate the time you took to report this. Because this behavior seems to be related specifically to the new Desktop app and not a feature request, we've moved your last post back to this thread - we appreciate your understanding. 

We'll take your report into account while moving forward and encourage you to add this and any other notes you may have on the new update not in the Idea Exchange, but rather in the dedicated thread for the New Desktop app here

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts