Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist track numbers gone.

Solved!

Playlist track numbers gone.

Previously, there were track numbers to the left of each song in a playlist. Today they are gone and replaced by a musical note. This sucks. Now we have no way to know how many songs are in a playlist. Additionally, when I'm arranging a playlist I like to ensure good distribution of different artists in a playlist by placing a song by a given artist every ten, or twelves songs, or whatever. Now I have no way to do that. Sometimes on a really long playlist I will place songs from a particular artist every hundred tracks. Now that's impossible.

Is there a setting somewhere I can change to get the track numbers back? PLEEEEASE??????

EDIT: The track numbers are only missing from my Christmas playlist. Do I have to take the word Christmas out of the name to get the track numbers back?

Desktop, Web Player version.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @XPerryMental,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

What you mention is normal behavior if your playlist includes both music and podcast episodes. This way you can differentiate between each kind of content. 

Could you confirm if this is the case for your playlist? If it's not, please share with us the URL so we can look into it.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @XPerryMental,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

What you mention is normal behavior if your playlist includes both music and podcast episodes. This way you can differentiate between each kind of content. 

Could you confirm if this is the case for your playlist? If it's not, please share with us the URL so we can look into it.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yep. That was it. THANKS!

These are also the tracks I use on spotify and klingelton kostenlos. They are very interesting and attractive

This is no longer the case, all playlists now lack track number. Why!?

Hey @Thenewchicken,

Thanks for your reply. 

As mentioned by @MafeG above, the behavior mentioned is expected if your playlist includes both songs and podcast episodes. That way, you can differentiate when a playlist includes podcast episodes.

If that's not your case, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your side? If possible, you can send us the link to the playlist so we can take a closer look at it. You can follow the steps in this article to do it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Sorry, I guess that was just a temporary glitch. The numbers are back?! Same playlist, no episodes. Thank you. You may delete my responses, if you can.

Screenshot_20230215_050400.png

Hey @Thenewchicken,

Thanks for your reply.

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience and we're happy to know that is now fixed. If the app starts to behave again, you can log out and log in twice onto your account, so the system will refresh. If this doesn't do the trick, you can always reach out and we'll help you 🙂

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Hi, I seem to have the same problem - track numbers dissapeared with a music note symbol appearing instead. It affects only one playlist, there are only songs on it, no podcasts. I tried closing and re-opening the app, I tried re-logging (multiple times) and even tried to just wait it out, but it's a few weeks later and nothing.

Any ideas how to solve this?

ss.JPG

Hey @noxtrev,

Thanks for reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running there?

On another note, would you mind sending us the link to the playlist in which you noticed this behavior? You can share it with us by following the steps in this article.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I use Spotify on a laptop with the newest update of Windows 10 (updated it today) and app version 1.2.6.863.ge7902f05

Hope that helps 🙂

Hey @noxtrev,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

After checking thoroughly your playlist, we noticed that one of the added songs is in fact a podcast episode, and that's why you can see the numbers. So, you can easily find it by searching for this iconon the left side of the playlist.

The content that is causing this behavior is namely Where is the justice by Death Note Musical (English). If you remove it, you'll once again see the numbers. Because the content was uploaded as a podcast, the behavior you've observed in your playlist is to be expected.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator

Hi. I somehow haven't noticed that icon even tho I went through the playlist many times. I guess I just assumed that if i hear a song it's a song. The numbers are back to normal.

Big thanks for your time ❤️

Hey @noxtrev,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience. We’re happy to know you could sort this out. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need us again. 

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

I have never been able to see track numbers on my android phones. Currently using Samsung A52 with version 13 software and I have the latest version of Spotify installed. No podcasts in my playlists. What is my issue?

Hey there @Woopit

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that it's currently not possible to see the track numbers on the mobile app, only on the desktop app. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello . you need to create a more stable playlist. A really good and interesting music will make us less stressed and tired. this is my playlist klingeltone 

Hi I have been using Spotify for a while and I never had numbered playlists always the tone icon ... even on plyalists which are generated by Spotify...is that due to some setting pls?

THIS WAS SO HELPFUL **bleep** TYSM!!!

If you use Chrome...

...this is not only a solution but it exposes the exact nature of the problem... at least from a client perspective.  To keep it from happening to other people, Spotify would have to address it on the server side.

When my playlist track numbers go missing in the Spotify Web Player, I activate Chrome's built-in Developer Tools (Ctrl+Shift+I... or hit F12).

In Developer Tools click the icon in the upper left corner of that tool (see image #1, attached).  If you're hovering on the correct icon it will popup a tip describing the icon's function as "Select an element in the page to inspect it".  Click the icon (single-click).

You can now hover over any location in the player and the Developer Tools will show the code for the element you are hovering over. 

What you want is to hover over is the area that looks like Image #2 (attached). When you find it in the player, click it.  The Developer Tools will keep that section of code highlighted.

The element is a <div> but notice that it contains a <span> element. You can click that <span> element.  Notice that the number of the track is recorded in that <span> element of the client side code, highlighted in Image #2.  However, the display attribute for that <span> element is set to display: none... also shown in Image #2.

If you double-click that word 'none' you can change it.  Change it from 'none' to 'contents' and hit your enter key.  Not only will the number of that track now be displayed in the player.  But, rather surprisingly, the number of all tracks in the playlist will spontaneously appear.

1. Select an element in the page to inspect it.jpg
2. Element set to display=none.jpg
3. Set Element to display=contents.jpg

Suggested posts