Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlists and artist stats

Solved!

Playlists and artist stats

I've made a playlist to gather into one spot everything my favorite artist has done (solo, side projects, etc.). Under my "recently played", of course it lists the playlist and not the artist. My question is, when the time comes for end-of-year stats, will these tracks still be counted for my top artists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi ofkillingchloe and welcome to the Spotify community! 🙂
Whatever you stream throughout the year, no matter what playlist or area of Spotify you see it in, will still count towards your total artist + song stream stats.
However, if these are locally sourced computer files they will not count in your year end review. Because as far as I've known, Spotify does not track data from offline or local files when the stream recap is created. It needs to be sourced from their active catalog to count. Hope this helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi ofkillingchloe and welcome to the Spotify community! 🙂
Whatever you stream throughout the year, no matter what playlist or area of Spotify you see it in, will still count towards your total artist + song stream stats.
However, if these are locally sourced computer files they will not count in your year end review. Because as far as I've known, Spotify does not track data from offline or local files when the stream recap is created. It needs to be sourced from their active catalog to count. Hope this helps! 🙂

Thank you so much!

Suggested posts