Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Chrome Browser, Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Am I missing something or is there no way to speed up playback of podcasts in the webplayer? I can do it just ifne in the mobile app, which is great, but can't see an option for it in PC browser.

Thanks,

10 Replies

Hey @Sploofington! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

What do you mean with speeding up the playback?

Do you mean the 15 second jumps?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-24 um 15.00.47.png

They're working fine for me in the web player. ^^

Peace

No, that is just skipping? I mean changing the speed as per the title. On mobile app I can change speed to x1.2, x1.5 etc, but cannot find this function on the webplayer.

Thanks

@Sploofington

Unfortunately this isn't possible right now on the web player. -.-

Hopefully it will get added soon. ^^

Peace

Could you please implement a function to increase/decrease the playback speed of everything (no matter if music or podcast or anything else) on any kind of device or the web player?

Its absolute standard (e.g. youtube).

Thanks

Hey @Sploofington 

A similar idea has been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Podcasts-Podcast-speed/idi-p/5078343

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Wow still nothing, **bleep** Spotify

Exactly its abso-LUTE stanDARD! aha 

Spotify Playback Speed Access on github unpack zip and put on chrome extension and u can!

wow still not there

So here we are, 4 years and a half after the initial request was made, and it still isn't there.

This is beyond pathetic.

It's even on the phone app already. How many developers do you have working over there? None?

To vote on adding playback speed controls for all connected devices, please upvote this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Enable-speed-controls-when-connected-to-another-device-A...

Suggested posts