Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG Velvet

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Since about a week ago podcast episodes have been disappearing. Once, I opened a playlist and ALL of the episodes faded away right in front of me, leaving the playlist "empty." The missing episodes don't appear in any searches either, they are simply gone, as if they never existed on the platform in the first place. The only evidence of their existence is through google search, but using the link that provides leads to a "Something went wrong" error. What's weirder, I used one of my family's devices and accounts, and the missing episodes didn't appear on theirs either! Any insight into what's happening would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @NebulaTheOwl,

Thanks for the post.

As much as we'd like to have all songs and podcasts available on Spotify, that's not always possible. Content availability on Spotify can vary based on your location and on permissions from the content copyrights holders. 

Sometimes podcasters can remove content from the platform, but re-upload it later. 

More info can be found here

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @NebulaTheOwl,

Thanks for the post.

As much as we'd like to have all songs and podcasts available on Spotify, that's not always possible. Content availability on Spotify can vary based on your location and on permissions from the content copyrights holders. 

Sometimes podcasters can remove content from the platform, but re-upload it later. 

More info can be found here

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thank you for the response. I actually found out what happened shortly after I posted this. Though the reasoning behind it was disquieting, I learned the podcasts were indeed taken down intentionally. Regardless, thank you for the help.

Suggested posts