Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Poor Playback and Library Note Loading in New Web Player

Poor Playback and Library Note Loading in New Web Player

Two or three days ago Spotify updated the webplayer that I use on my Chromebook. Since doing so I've faced a few problems that I would like Spotify to correct or, if applicable, tips to workaround as they have significantly degraded my experience:

1. When I scroll through "My Music" in the browser, only a subset of the playlists I have created will load. If I continue to scroll I eventually reach about the mid-point in my playlist queue and then there is a loading wheel to presumably load the rest. However, I've waited 5+ minutes and the additional playlists never load. 
    • This happens both when I'm in the "My Music" menu as well as when I'm trying to add a new song to one of my playlists.
  2. When I'm clicking on a new song to listen to, I have to select it 2-5 times before the song will actually start playing. On some occasions, the song I selected will not start playing but rather the one previous to it or after it in a queue. 

All of this behavior is new since the update made a few days ago. If this can't be fixed, does anyone know of a means to switch back to the old player?

Thanks!

0 Replies

Suggested posts