Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium still plays ads on Google Nest Hub

Premium still plays ads on Google Nest Hub

Plan Premium Family

Device

Google Nest Hub

My Question or Issue

Recently I started to hears and see ads while using my Spotify account on my Google Nest Hub (the one with display). I'm premium for several years, have used my account on mobile, desktop and google home dot (just speaker, no display) and never had issues with ads.

Ads played while listening to music, not podcasts.

14 Replies

This is really upsetting. I’m getting a Google ad every other song and I pay for Spotify premium. 

Hey there @depaparazzi and @swmeek,

Thank you for your posts in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you log out and then back in?

Also - can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Will do thx!

Hey again @swmeek,

Thank you for your reply.

Let us know how everything goes so we can continue assist you if you need us to 🙂

We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same issue and have logged out unlinked Spotify and relinked Spotify to my google home.  I have premium account on Spotify and have started hearing ads when playing music on google home display.

Hey @Jakek1,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, is this happening as well when you listen to podcasts? If yes we'd like you to know, podcasts usually include some advertising. This has been the case since the early days of podcasts, and continues to be true today, including on Spotify. Therefore, even as a Premium user, you may receive advertising or sponsored messages when playing a podcast. Note that as a Premium user, you still enjoy an ad-free music listening experience.

Since you mentioned this is happening when listening to music, can you send us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, It'd be helpful if you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your current device along with the Spotify version you have currently running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’ve also been receiving ads on my Google home mini recently! I’ve had Spotify premium for years and this has never happened before. I’ve tried signing out and back in, deleting the app + cache and redownloading, unlinking it with Google Home and relinking and nothing has been helping. I only use this speaker to play music and it’s quite upsetting to hear Spotify ads telling me to get premium, when I’ve already been paying for it for years. 

Hey @svpx

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Great troubleshooting so far! 

Would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'd also like to know if this happens while you're controlling your speaker from your phone or when you ask Google to play something. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’m having the same issue when I tell google to play something but not when I cast from my phone. 

Hey @Jvitt8,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you make sure the Spotify account you're using for the voice command controlled actions is the same as the account you're using to cast from your phone? I think in your case they're different accounts. Here is how to check that.

Let us know how that went.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have been havig this problem for about a week and they are not doing anything to fix it!!!

Did all the reboots and cache clears asked and still nothing...

Signed in with Facebook as asked and nothing...

Signed in with google and still nothing...

I am still having the same issue and have taken all of the above precautions. It only happens when I ask google to play it but what is the point of paying for premium if it's still going to play these ads? I've checked that the accounts are correct and it is registering that it is a premium account in the google home app. Please fix this in an update or something. 

I have the same. When I cast from my phone to a Google home device I have 3 adverts. Then occasionally in-between tracks. I have premium and it only happens on Google devices. 

My wife is having the same issue too. We have a duo account and she gets adverts but I don't. This has been going on for months - is anyone going to do anything about it? What's the point in paying for premium if there are ads

Suggested posts