Problem playlists via Google Home mini

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

My Question or Issue

I recently bought a Google Home Mini. Great device but I run into something strange with playing my playlists. I do have a Premium account, but if I give the command "play playlist XXX", it does not work.
I get the message: "I have searched for playlist XXX, but this item is not available or cannot be played at the moment"

Playing 'discover weekly' gives no problem, nor Spotify playlists like Soft Rock, but requesting 'daily mix 1' for example, gives the same result as above. 

2 Replies

google mini fails miserably to identify spotify premium playlists... if the name you give your playlist is not totally unique, spotify will find some bizarre artist or track that fits to name of your playlist...  annoying to say the least

Hey @antoinette69 and @parders,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. If you're still experiencing issues with Spotify on your Google Home mini, it's a good idea to unlink both accounts, perform a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Google Home apps and relink them again. This page can help. Here you can find instructions on how to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This way all files and connection get built anew from the ground up. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts