Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Device Password

Solved!

Problem with Device Password

Hi there,

I want to use Spotify with my Squeezebox System. I got a trial premium membership and I requested a device username etc.because I have to login via facebook (german account) . But I never received an email with a password. So what can I do? 

Thanks in advance

André

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You'll find instructions for logging in to a partner device here.

In short, you need your numerical Spotify username, and a separate "device password".

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Similar problem here.

I log in using Facebook credentials but it says explicitly that you must use a spotify account to login from Squeezebox.  The e-mail sent to reset the password takes me to the facebook account.  (BTW the email seems to be considered junk mail by most readers).

Does anyone know the real URL to reset the spotify password.

Marked as solution

You'll find instructions for logging in to a partner device here.

In short, you need your numerical Spotify username, and a separate "device password".

Thanks for your reply.

I already have a numerical user (1122164225) and I followed the instructions to set a seperate password for it.

After this I get this info message:

An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to andre@xxx.de

The email I got was:

Your device username is: 1122164225

To set a password to use Spotify on your devices simple follow the link below:

This link leads to the web page that you gave me in your reply. This is a loop with no ending...

Can you please help me?

Now it works Smiley Happy

Thank you!

hi, what have you done to fix it, I seem to have the same problem

I am not receiving the email when I ask for the device password.  My email account was able to receive the receipt for my premium account so it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end.

I am having the same issue ... I am not receiving the email when I ask for the device password.  My email account was able to receive the receipt for my premium account so it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end.

Does it just take a while for the email to arrive? I have requested it twice, once ~5 days ago and once a few hours ago ...

Thanks,

John

the link in the message you refer to just ends up in

Error 404 - Not found

Sorry, but the page you requested does not exist.

I have premium, but can't log in on my tv-box (i could with my wifes premium...) I type the numerical username, but my usual password (same i use on my computer and android) does not work!... why is that?

If anyone can explain how to get device password, or where I can read about it, me would be very happy :).
Now I'm not 😕

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The new help pages went live yesterday and there are a few issues to iron out, I have brought this one to the attention of the Spotify team. In the meantime, use the instructions below (which I have stolen from Tivo) to set your device username and device password:

1. Click here to visit the Spotify sign in page.
  2. On the sign in page, click Log in with Facebook. This’ll launch a new window.
  3. In the new window, enter your Facebook email address and password, and click Log In.
  4. Make a note of the device username – usually a string of numbers. You’ll need this later to sign in to Spotify on TiVo.
  5. Click Send e-mail to set password.
  6. Check the email account you use to sign in to Facebook.
  7. You’ll have an email from Spotify – open it and click the Set your device password link.
  8. On the Set a password for your devices page, enter a memorable password and click Set device password.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've clicked the "Send email to set password" button probably 10 times today, and still have not received an email.  I've checked my spam filter, nothing there.  Is this button working?

Interestingly, I'm a newbiew to the Spotify community, so I needed to register for this account.  I did receive the community message confirming my account was added to this group.  Appears to be a bug on the Spotify system, and not a problem with my email.

@ottie180 wrote:

I've clicked the "Send email to set password" button probably 10 times today, and still have not received an email.  I've checked my spam filter, nothing there.  Is this button working?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Sometimes the system has a few issues if your email address is in there more than once (with a duplicate account or anything). If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get that email out to you manually. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the help and everything but I think it is kind of telling for Spotify that the system isn't even able to autogenerate emails and users have to contact the support via a noreply address (!). And that's just part of the problem (cogh Android app). Seriously how can so much money be burned without investing further in the software?

What is Spotify's plan to keep up with its rivals? Sure they ain't gonna beat Google on Android, but they could at least try.

From looking at the threads I am the only one getting this problem, but I can't log in with my device password - only the email address and password which is linked to my fb account. 

I have posted for help under a marantz CR-610 header, but maybe this is the cause of my problems? I want to get in through device password, but can't...

Peter you look like you are the guy to help me. I am looking forward to hearing your ideas. I've been going round in circles...

Cheers

Just to confirm, you have set a device password from the link on your online profile?:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

You need to log in using that password and your numerical username shown on your online account (not your email address):
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

how I set my password in spotify i click send email to set password. Nothing happend error

Spoiler

how I set my password in spotify i click send email to set password. Nothing happend error

Dear all, 

I just want to set an extra device password. I got the email and clicked the link and tried several passwords but they don't "work". I don't know why. Does anybody knows how to fix that? The password just could not be set. 😞 

That's it, going to cancel my membership, I've been waiting for weeks, no reply, no fix - good bye spotify

Suggested posts