Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ps4 Spotify tracks keeps pausing its self after 1-3 seconds of trying to play any track

Ps4 Spotify tracks keeps pausing its self after 1-3 seconds of trying to play any track

My spotify app on my ps4, every time I try to play any of the music tracks 

It just seems to pause it's self after 1 to 3 seconds of trying to play any track, it would be grateful if spotify could fix this bug issue because it is getting very annoying.

77 Replies

Same Happening here huge bummer. 

If you play a Playlist then re setup your WiFi on Playstation it plays without pausing but you cannot change the song or it'll start to pause again, just something to use until it's fixed

Yeah it's getting rather annoying. Worked fine last night but this morning can't get past 3 seconds.

It was fine for my last night playing music on PS4. Went on F1 today (I listen when playing F1), tried playing 3 or 4 different songs. Had the same issue, the song played for literally 2 seconds, then it paused.

@CrankVolt wrote:

might have something to do with facebook account? i've created another spotify account from scratch to see if it works and the problem seems to happen only with my principal/facebook linked account. 

Sorry if my english is bad or i mispelled something

Ps4 PRO  software ver 6.20

Spotify ver. 2.23.13

Problem: Pause after 2-3 secs, tried sending music from tablet/android or selecting it directly on ps4. 

Didn't realize it might be facebook,ill try unlinking my facebook and playing it,facebook been having issues with psn as of late,was trying to stream via twitch and discovered fb was delinked to my psn so i couldn't share the broadcast link and waited till friday of last week for it to be fixed,had to relink my psn to fb,twitter was the only one that was working,on a side note called our isp and discovered our router/modem wasnt apearing on their end but still had internet(not the speeds were supposed to be getting,300mbps/30mbps,more like 25/3mbps,some issues related to caching causing the router/modem to be making a red signal when they connected to it to troubleshoot it)ill try this,thanks.

Same problem here. Started happening when Comcast internet went down approximately at the same time for the entire region. 

Im here in the PNW, just S-SW of Seattle. 

I cant help, but wonder if the two incidents coincide.

Same! It's only on my Samsung tv and I tried it on my friends ps4 and he has a different brand of tv and his worked.

@UchihaKarna wrote:

Same problem here. Started happening when Comcast internet went down approximately at the same time for the entire region. 

Im here in the PNW, just S-SW of Seattle. 

I cant help, but wonder if the two incidents coincide.

We have cox,i heard there was a problem related to windows 10 updates because of a bad dns fix microsoft rolled out on comcasts dns infrastructure that started interfering with windows updates,not surprised,cox aparently had issues last night as well in my local area,i talked to a rep when i asked about our router.

Same here on Sony tv.  Pretty lame!  Was going to give this a shot for the 1st time.  Not a good start, i think I will stick with google play.  You would think that spotify would work great on sony tv and ps4.  Too bad sony doesnt have a deal with google.

@Abn187 wrote:

Same here on Sony tv.  Pretty lame!  Was going to give this a shot for the 1st time.  Not a good start, i think I will stick with google play.  You would think that spotify would work great on sony tv and ps4.  Too bad sony doesnt have a deal with google.

I don't normally have problems with spotify,but i suspect its related to accounts linked to facebook.cant test out my theory right as im just booting up my pc.on phone right now.will attempt to unlink my fb and use regular user name an password on ps4.

This just started happening to me how do i fox this 

As im typing this im frantically pressing triangle on my controller to keep it playing. Fix this before I have an aneurysm 

Same problem here, plays 2-3 seconds then stops. Nothing works. 

It works! Thanks! 

I dont have fb.

It’s the same on Xbox , idk how to fix it for ps4 but open Spotify play the song let it pause my it self , go offline (on Xbox you have an offline to disconnect from wifi) then go back to Spotify and play the song

On PS4 and similarly on xbox too... 

Re setup your wifi it might work for the current song or in my case all the songs start playing fine. Just don't skip or pause and it might work for you too.

@Abn187 wrote:
I dont have fb.

so this is happening to you too?

Yes, and none of the fixes recommended work.

Legit same. Just wanna lie in bed and listen to X 😂

Suggested posts