Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Recent Spotify Connect problems on Amazon Fire TV

Solved!

Recent Spotify Connect problems on Amazon Fire TV

Hello!

after the recent update to the Amazon Fire TV I am no longer able to use Spotify Connect on the Fire TV.

When I initiate a connection from my cell phone (Android, Nexus 5) Sporitfy Connect launches, but ends up in an error message "Hm. Irgendwas ist schiefgelaufen. Probiere es noch mal." (german) ("Uups, something went wrong. Please try again.").

I tried again and again for some days now and I start to feel a bit of frustration now.

Greetings,

spotifyphilipp

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

with the new Update 0.1.2 for Fire TV it's Works Again Perfect!

View solution in original post

76 Replies

I have the same problem with one of my devices. My Sony Xpereria Z1 compact hast the same problem. My Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact works fine. Both on Android 5. 

I deleted the cache in spotify, uninstalled and installed spotify and sportify connect several times. With reboots etc. but it's still not working. 

But if I started playing music from my Fire TV via the z3 tablet i can control everything with my z1. So just to start the process is the problem. Hoping for a fast fix. 

Same problem. good description.
hope fix to come soon.

I am experiencing the same issue.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4.  I tried restarting both the Fire and my phone, with no luck.  Re-installing the app on the Fire did not help either.

App version on Amazon Fire:  v0.0.0.7

Amazon Fire System Version:  51.1.5.0

App version on Android: 2.6.0.813

Android version: 4.4.2

Same problem, Amazon Fire Stick started throwing the error message "Hmmm.  Something went wrong.  Please try again." and has a spinning circle.  Same issue with both a HTC M8 and iPad.

Same here, Spotify Connect stopped working with the current FireTV firmware. adb logcat doesn't show any helpful information:

I/ActivityManager(  700): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN flg=0x10020000 pkg=com.spotify.tv.android cmp=com.spotify.tv.android/.SpotifyTVActivity (has extras)} from pid 895
W/ContextImpl(  700): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1353 com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.startActivityMayWait:3199 com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivityAsUser:2539 com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivity:2528 android.app.ActivityManagerNative.onTransact:141 
D/InputManager(  700): Activity onCreate received.

I am having the same issue after the Amazon update.  This the main way that I listen to music, I am hoping they have it fixed soon.

Same issue here ... downgraded to version 2.5.0.942, everything is working again.

As far as I understood, we'll have to wait for amazon's update for the spotify connect app.

I chatted with Amazon this morning, after 30 minutes of hoop jumping they told me this:

05:29 AM PDT Vamshee: I see that there is an ongoing issue with the Spotify app and a trouble ticket filed for this issue. Our technical team is currently working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Here is the ticket id for your reference.

Update:

Yesterday my tablet got a new Version of Spotify. Today I test it and guess what happens? Right, now my tablet can't connect to my Fire TV also. So it seems not to be an amazon Fire TV Problem, more a problem of a new Version of Spotify. Please give me back the old version where everything was fine.

Update2: Now my tablet is not able to find my Fire TV.

Tried to use My Fire Stick but this is also not working. None of my Devices find the Stick

Now if got the Solution. I was right. I found a old Version of the Spotify App on my computer. I deinstallded the actual App on my Tablet and smartphone and installed this old version. Now everything works fine again. So wait for the next updates an hope or get a older Version.

Could you post a link to the old apk? thatt would be great!

I concur that this worked for me as well. Its not a fix, but it does help understand who broke it.

thats not a solution for me ... spotify has to fix it of i cancel my subscription ... Spotify connect is the worst software i ever seen -,-

I agree its not a solution, more like a temporary work around.  I got spotify to play wirelessly on my stereo at home, if they will not give us chromecast access, then their version of streaming needs to work.

No it's not an workaround for me, I can only install Apps from PlayStore on my phone, because of restrictions of my companys device management 😉 

It's a nerve that spotify doesn't test their own software -,- it's not the first time that Spotify Connect makes problems. 

I'm just like bias! My phone is under MDM so I can o ly use Play Store. I can't say Spotify connect was perfect, sometimes dies on Amazon Firestick but now is completely dead! -_-

I found a second workaround, that works for me.

I Installed the Android version of Spotify via Sideload on my FireTV via Apps2Fire.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.koni.appstofiretv

The control via FireTV remote is broken, but I can use it with my android phone as remote (like Spotify Connect) 

Should work an FireTV Stick too !

Same here with iPhone 6 & Fire TV Stick!!!

Suggested posts