Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Spotify from Sonos remotely

Solved!

Remove Spotify from Sonos remotely

I've just returned from a cottage where I was thrilled to find they had Sonos. I added my Spotify account to it and we enjoyed listening to all our playlists for the whole week.

But I forgot to remove the Spotify account from the device before I left!! I'm hoping that there's some way to get a list of linked devices so that I can remove that one. Otherwise I risk having someone start playing there and stopping us from playing here!

I've looked around the Spotify interface and searched the forum's, but haven't found anything that tells me how to do this. Any advice??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. You can post in this thread to get logged out of all devices.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Change your password.

Thanks! That's a great backup plan if there are no better options.

Before I joined Spotify, I had a Napster (UK) subscription. There I was able to go to a page in the desktop application or web page and see all my attached devices. Surprised that there doesn't seem to be anything like that here...

Marked as solution

Hi. You can post in this thread to get logged out of all devices.

Signing out of all locations etc and changing your password doesn't work. I connected to Sonos at someones house and then kept having issues with it pausing after that. I must have used the "sign out from all locations" feature and changed my password about 5 or 6 times. It didn't make any difference. I ended up having to phone the person and ask them to manually remove my Spotify account from their Sonos which worked. It's also a bit lame that you can't see the IP address client details of what is using your account. 

Agree. Spotify needs to fix this issue soon or i'm cancelling.

How were you able to remove the spotify account from Sonos?  

I tried every single thing suggested on here and by Spotify. No matter what I couldn't fix it. I changed my password about 5 times, logged out all sessions etc. Eventually I had to phone the person who owned the Sonos and talk them through unlinking the account and asked them not to use my account.

If this issue still exists then it's pretty poor form on the side of Spotify. 

Lesson learned. Do NOT link with someone else Sonos.

Thanks

Yeah, that doesn't actually fix the issue as described. The other person still has access to your account including saving songs etc if they play though sonos. Please provide a way to deauthorize sonos-Spotify linked accounts remotely. Thanks.

Suggested posts