Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Solved!

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Sent a message sometime ago, but don't see it appearing here.

Once more;

Got a Premium account registered with a name and a pasword (not a Facebook). Tried to use the app on my Samsung ES7000. From thre attepmts to use it got the following messages:

1. There seemed to be a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Tried again

2. Could log in, could find the music, but couldn't play any - an erros message (I guess an ID2 or something), Tried to log in again

3. Got the message again, that there is a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Visited. Nothing - Premium account is active, nothing wrong, no messages or warnings.

Posted a message to the forum - it didn't apprear. Got a message that I have a private message and to read it I need to follow the link and press on the envelope. No envelope to press on when I follow the link. Can't find anything that looks like private message box.

162 Replies

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung 8 Series..

Get the error ID 2 and I do not have the option to change or update the software!!...

Any good clues on what to do??

It's really annoing. Worked great just a few weeks ago, but no nothing works! 😞

Had the same Error: 2 problem as others, mine with a Samsung 8000. After updating TV firmware, So after TV upgrade I tried to REINSTALL the Spotify app and now I have achieved listening bliss.

Anybody having trouble with Spotify using Samsung TV getting the error ID.2 just upgrade your firm ware. I had the same trouble phoned Samsung and they sent out a dongle so that I could download the firmware from the Samsung website but the only trouble is I use a MAC . So I just upgraded the firm ware from the TV takes a few minutes. Outcome is Spotify works a treat hope this helps.
You can email me at
andie.wilson16@gmail.com
Marked as solution

Ok here is how to fix this issue.. get on a desktop or a android phone.. and create a small playlist or star a couple songs.. then it will work..
Marked as solution

For some the upgrade isn't working.. creating a playlist or staring a couple songs has fixed mine a a lot of others

Hi all, got the 'app incompatible with this firmware release...' message with the latest (1105.1) s/w received yesterday via an ota update. Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify with no joy. Haven't completely powered off and restarted yet but this is a real faff because of the battery backup thingy. TV is a UE40F6350. Need Spotify back in my life (or at least my living room) quick!
Marked as solution

Also I already have playlists and starred items but do I need to add new ones to get that fix to work?

Didn't work for me

More things I tried recently:

1. The advice above about the adding songs and making playlist didn't work.  I already use Spotify on my phone and PC and add songs and create playlists regulary. It doesn't effect the working Spotify app on Samsung.

2. There was an app update recently. New app was installed. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

3. Someone told me I can try to create a totally new account and try it. Made an account with a simple name and password (letters and numbers only), not connected to FB etc etc... Made it Premium. But it didn't help either. The same problem as mentioned by starting of this topic.

Very curious if there ever will be a solution. Is it going on for several months already?

Marked as solution

Try to update when you are not on smarthub. And then you reinstall spotify. Worked for me! (have had this problem a long time)

The original problem for me exists:-

"There seems to be an issue with your spotify account, please go to spotify.com/samsung to create your account"

I have a premium spotify account with its own userid/password - works fine on my pc, smartphone and ipad

My Samsung TV is: UE39F5300

Fireware version is at the latest : 1105 (had the issue BEFORE the fireware upgrade tho)

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the spotify app

Have also tried resetting the smart hub

Still have the issue 😞

Signed up for premium to be able to use on my tv, not much point in me having premium if it is not going to work......

Reposting again using Premium account :-

The original problem for me exists:-

"There seems to be an issue with your spotify account, please go to spotify.com/samsung to create your account"

I have a premium spotify account with its own userid/password - works fine on my pc, smartphone and ipad

My Samsung TV is: UE39F5300

Firmware version is at the latest : 1105 (had the issue BEFORE the firmware upgrade tho)

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the spotify app

Have also tried resetting the smart hub

Still have the issue 😞

Signed up for premium to be able to use on my tv, not much point in me having premium if it is not going to work......

2013-07-24

Error Message ID 2 when i try to login to Spotify (It has worked without problems for several months)

I have updated the firmware on my Samsung
I have re-installed Spotify
Yes i have a premium account

Anyone else?

Same here: Error ID 2 when playing any tune.

Worked perfectly for 8 months and at latest June 28 2013.

My TV is UE55ES6805 with firmware version supposed to be the latest: T-MST10PDEUC-1028.2, BT - G

Spotify version: 1.01511 (date: 2013/07/19)

By google search and a look in this forum it seems like a fairly common problem. Does spotify intend to solve it?

Have exactly the same problem. Works fine to log in and everything but Error ID 2 every time I try to play a song. The problem occurred after being requested to install an update. Since then it doesn't work. Also tried to re-install Spotify on my Samsung-TV but not working.

I have just updated my samsung es468000 with the new update via web. I now have spotify Bach working....yes at last.
Hope you have the same result. I updated the tv not the hub. I had the ID message for 3 months!
Marked as solution

I have just updated my samsung es468000 with the new update via web. I now have spotify Bach working....yes at last.
Hope you have the same result. I updated the tv not the hub. I had the ID message for 3 months!

This was the thing that fixed it for me 😉 Gracias

I have the same problem..how do you update the firmware on the tv? When the spotify support said upgrade the tv I just upgraded the Smart Hub software? Is there somewhere else in the Samsung tv menus that you upgrade the firmware? Also I see people mentioning that its not good to log in via FB which I have been doing.. Is this wrong? Keep getting the same Error: ID 2 message as everybody else...
Marked as solution

Just this minute updated firmware via the network connection and spotify is at last working just fine!!! Logged in via spotify account not with my Facebook account..
Marked as solution

Wow, Finally I can share a good news too! It works now!

Updated the firmware again (version 2009) this time and than got a message that SPotify app has an update too. So, updated the app too. And this time I could just log in. No ID 2 errors, no messages about the problems with my Spotify account. I can finally enjoy the music.

I hope that the last two updates (firmware and spotify app) are the final solution for this problem for everyone.

Suggested posts