Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Solved!

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Sent a message sometime ago, but don't see it appearing here.

Once more;

Got a Premium account registered with a name and a pasword (not a Facebook). Tried to use the app on my Samsung ES7000. From thre attepmts to use it got the following messages:

1. There seemed to be a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Tried again

2. Could log in, could find the music, but couldn't play any - an erros message (I guess an ID2 or something), Tried to log in again

3. Got the message again, that there is a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Visited. Nothing - Premium account is active, nothing wrong, no messages or warnings.

Posted a message to the forum - it didn't apprear. Got a message that I have a private message and to read it I need to follow the link and press on the envelope. No envelope to press on when I follow the link. Can't find anything that looks like private message box.

162 Replies

I HAVE SOME PROBLEM...

how fix no one now...

the truth is out there

Sounds like The Twilight Zone.......care to share the problem?

A new version of the Spotify app for Samsung TVs went live last week which may have fixed this issue. Can everyone update their firmware and let us know if you're still getting this issue?

Marked as solution

I have an Samsung UE46F6475 running firmware 1112. I have never got Spotify to work regardless of firmware. I always get "device firmware is not supported". Tried to reset my SmartHub but that does not solve it. Tried to uninstall but that option is greyed out in the Spotify app. Please help 🙂

---

Ok I talked to Samsung support in Sweden.
WARNING: THIS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND/OR BRICK YOUR TV. I AM NOT LIABLE!
When in standby press: "Info"->"Menu"->"Mute" and then when the hidden service menu comes up press "Enter" three times.
"Enter" three times should lead you to "Factory Reset". After this I had to enter all settings once again and THEN IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! After doing the reset I had to power on (via the remote) my TV again, it did not start again automatically.
The apps were first "greyed" all of them and then I restarted my tv (soft restart i.e. via remote) and then it started to download all the apps again.
WARNING: THIS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND/OR BRICK YOUR TV. I AM NOT LIABLE!

Nothing. Still getting the firmware not supported message.

(And so far its the 3rd firmware update I tried it with...

Don't think it's a device firmware problem but a Spotify app bug.

Marked as solution

I had the same problem and resolved it by updating the firmware. This link shows easy to follow instructions:

http://knowhow.com/article.dhtml?articleReference=890

So glad I got it working. I have a Samsung 40" LED ES5500.

Thanks for the advice all.

didnt work for me either. and spotify doesnt take any action. 

dear developers please do something, this is so annoying!

I ignored Spotify on my Samsung for a month, resigned that it would never be fixed.  When I tried again about 4 weeks later, it worked perfectly--perhaps Samsung provided a better Smart Hub, maybe Spotify fixed their app, who knows for sure?  But I did nothing but wait, after I discovered the problem, and eventually it started working again.  I know that doesn't solve your problem, I am just sharing my experience.

@helpmehelpme Could you explain what isn't working for you please and I'll see if I can help. PLease also provide a little more information:

• Your country
  • Your TV model
  • Firmware version

Thanks.

I have just encountered the same problem (Error ID 2) prevents music being played, can some one help please

ID2 errors have been fixed for other Samsung users by updating their firmware. Have you checked that yours is up to date from menu/support/software update?

Screen Burn with Samsung TV App

Just subscribed to premium so that I can play Spotify through my new F6500 couple with some external speakers via optical digital link. Concerned about the warning of screen burn if I leave the app running for very long. Is there a way to avoid this? Many thanks for any help offered.

Kind regards

Steve

I don't use the TV that much but I seem to recall that Spotify switches to a screensaving mode after a time if left it playing. 

Joe

Many thanks for your prompt response. I will give it a try.

Kind regards

Steve

Got a solution

Whilst the app is playing press Tools on the remote and there is an option to turn the screen off. Screen comes back on again easily.

Cheers

Steve

Ah, that's cool. Thanks 🙂

Is spotify still available for Samsung ES5500 (46'' 2012 model)? I don't see it the list of available applications for installation in Smart HUB. I've the latest firmware (I think it's 1040 or 1041 - don't remember the exact number).

Or is the distribution of Spotify app in Smart HUB region locked? Spotify has been available here for about one month only.

Hi. Spotify should be available on the ES5500. Can you check that you definitely have the most up to date firmware from menu/support/software update. If that doesn't help, have a word with your country's samsung support. What country are you in by the way?

I've tried the upgrade over network yesterday and the TV said I have the latest firmware installed. I see that 1042 is available and I will try to upgrade.

Anyway I'm located in Slovakia, Spotify is available here since December 2013. My guess is that the application just is not yet available for my country in the Samsung application store.

I've check the version again - I have 1040 in the TV. Online update tells me my TV is up to date, but on the samsung support site I can see the 1042.

Suggested posts