Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Solved!

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Sent a message sometime ago, but don't see it appearing here.

Once more;

Got a Premium account registered with a name and a pasword (not a Facebook). Tried to use the app on my Samsung ES7000. From thre attepmts to use it got the following messages:

1. There seemed to be a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Tried again

2. Could log in, could find the music, but couldn't play any - an erros message (I guess an ID2 or something), Tried to log in again

3. Got the message again, that there is a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Visited. Nothing - Premium account is active, nothing wrong, no messages or warnings.

Posted a message to the forum - it didn't apprear. Got a message that I have a private message and to read it I need to follow the link and press on the envelope. No envelope to press on when I follow the link. Can't find anything that looks like private message box.

162 Replies

Thanks for the info @inseine. We'll pass this along while we continue to investigate. 

TV Model: UN46EH5300
Firmware Version: 001029 001031

I've just manually searched for a firmware update, and 001031 is available and downloading now.  I'm hoping that the problem will be resolved after the firmware update, but I'm betting not since so many others seem to be having it. 

EDIT: I've updated my firmware to 001031 and the problem still occurs. 

@Trooper-Thorn

Thanks for the info. Thats hugely helpful. 

Just to confirm, the app had no problem working before a recent firmware update, correct? 

/R

No, there was no firmware update prior to the issues.  I updated my firmware AFTER the issues started occurring, hoping that my outdated firmware was the issue.  

After the update the problems continued, so I know the firmware had nothing to do with it.  

Just installed Spotify on Samsung series 6 and had error ID 2.  Logged out/in - now works fine. 

Not a great user experience for someone who has just upgraded to Premium - please sort this out Spotify/Samsung

Good luck

Just an update...my Spotify worked flawlessly the other day listening to it.  Didn't update anything on the TV.  Maybe Spotify made some changes on their end?  

We're not sure, my friend. We're investigating. I've just passed the info along to the development team for this app. I'll keep you posted. 

My spotify app was working just a few days ago. Today when I try to run it, it says "The device firmware does not support this application. Please update to the latest firmware". 

My TV is up to date, I've reset the smart hub, deleted and re-downloaded spotify and still nothing. 

Any updates????

Seems the spotify app was updated on June 17. 

micaba wrote:

My spotify app was working just a few days ago. Today when I try to run it, it says "The device firmware does not support this application. Please update to the latest firmware". 

My TV is up to date, I've reset the smart hub, deleted and re-downloaded spotify and still nothing. 

Any updates????

Seems the spotify app was updated on June 17. 

Same problem here after updating to the Samsung Smart TV firmware 1105

Just bought a new F6500 and one of the first apps I downloaded was Spotify.    Got the exact same problem 😞

Bought a new UE46F5505 two days ago and the first app I tested was Spotify because this was the main reason to choose a Samsung for me. Even I get the message "The device firmware does not support this application. Please update to the latest firmware". 

I have also seen in some swedish Hifi-forum that we are not alone with this error, and it seems to hit different kind of models. The problem also seems to started about the same time for everyone.

I have a Samsung UE32F6475 and after the latest firmware 1104 Spotify stopped work. It is really hard to know where to create a ticket, Samsung say that isn't there problem and it's impossible to get in touch with Spotify. 

un55es7500 mine is doing same thing.. bout ready to cancel spotify subscription.. why pay if you cant use it. firmware 1051.2

Hi guys,

If you're still receiving this, could you try re-installing the app and giving it another go?

If you're still receiving the error afterwards, please let us know the model of the TV you're using, as well as whether the firmware is up to date.

We look forward to hearing back.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

done this a couple times already.. no fix!

i have also posted the model and the firmware in the first post? why not read and quit posting a canned responce? 

Samsung TV UN55F6350

Firmware 1105 - this is the latest firmware

I have re-installed the spotify app twice with no luck

photo.JPG

Now my Spotify app was automated pdated and it works again! Jippie!

Mine too! Feels great and this hopefully shows that we are not abandoned by Spotify if its happens again. 

mine auto updated yesterday also but did not fix my issue. but i did get an email from support with a test account they made and it did work great. waiting on reply now. not sure how they will fix this since the test account worked.. 

Suggested posts