Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Solved!

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work

Sent a message sometime ago, but don't see it appearing here.

Once more;

Got a Premium account registered with a name and a pasword (not a Facebook). Tried to use the app on my Samsung ES7000. From thre attepmts to use it got the following messages:

1. There seemed to be a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Tried again

2. Could log in, could find the music, but couldn't play any - an erros message (I guess an ID2 or something), Tried to log in again

3. Got the message again, that there is a problem with my account, needed to visit www.spotify.com/samsung. Visited. Nothing - Premium account is active, nothing wrong, no messages or warnings.

Posted a message to the forum - it didn't apprear. Got a message that I have a private message and to read it I need to follow the link and press on the envelope. No envelope to press on when I follow the link. Can't find anything that looks like private message box.

162 Replies

mine's fixed too

Hello,

don't know if this is the right thread but I just wondered why my keyboard does not work in the spotify application... I think it's caused by the built in on-screen keyboard... This is VERY annoying, beacause I bought the keybord to use it with Spotify...

Is there any solution for that or a fix planned? 

Regards

@Kai1996 wrote:

Hello,

don't know if this is the right thread but I just wondered why my keyboard does not work in the spotify application... I think it's caused by the built in on-screen keyboard... This is VERY annoying, beacause I bought the keybord to use it with Spotify...

Is there any solution for that or a fix planned? 

Regards

It has been suggested as a future feature on the ideas exchange here if you would like to add your vote/kudo and comments there. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi have houd spotify premium for around 3 months, Works great with samsung galaxy 2 & 3 phone and was working brilliantly on my Samsung 40 inch smart tv, Have tried yesterday and today and have a error message of " an error has occured error ID 2 " i have deleted and reinstalled the app on my tv but still no good, Phones work .

Any help please?

There does appear to be an ongoing issue with Samsung Smart TVs, many people are posting issues on the last few pages of this topic

Peter

Peter

Hi this is really strange. I have had Spotify on my Smart Tv for over 3 months and now it does not work with the message of error id2, Both my Samsung Galaxy phones work okay as well as my desk top computer.

My tv is a Samsung UE 40ES6710

Software Version is T-MST10PDEUC-1028.2, BT-G

Really strange, This must be a spotify problem, I am paying for a premium service.

Any help much appreciated.

same here, mine stopped working last saturday.

if i remember correctly my smart tv did some kind of update before.

i have a samsung 46" LED TV ES8090... showing me error id2 when i want to play a song. i already reinstalled the app, deleted and reinstalled my account and as well i changed my password but nothing changed.

this is not really what i expect for paying premium...

please give an update on this.

d

Thank you so much for your response. Do we know if this is a Samsung or Spotify problem.

Currently, I have not seen a post claiming whose fault it is here on the community however, that being said, partner applications such as the one for Samsung Smart TVs are normally made by the partner company themselves, and Spotify just provide the Spotify development packages to allow them to access the service so with that in mind I would point the blame at Samsung (in my own opinion).

Peter

Peter

UE55ES8000U

Series 8 tv LCD

Okay,

I am now connected ans all works okay.

For other Samsung Smart TV Users. I have a 6710 Series and spoke to Samsung and they advised me that i was using an old software which i would need to update.

What you need to do.

1) Press your menu key on your remote control

2) Select Support

3) Software Update

4) Online

The update takes around 30 seconds and will re - boot your TV, Spotify is now working a treat. Hope this helps to other Samsung TV owners with the Error ID2 message.

Okay,

I am now connected ans all works okay.

For other Samsung Smart TV Users. I have a 6710 Series and spoke to Samsung and they advised me that i was using an old software which i would need to update.

What you need to do.

1) Press your menu key on your remote control

2) Select Support

3) Software Update

4) Online

The update takes around 30 seconds and will re - boot your TV, Spotify is now working a treat. Hope this helps to other Samsung TV owners with the Error ID2 message.

I still have the problem with the spotify app. UE46ES8000. Software is updated. Thanks!

sara3005, deohem & konesindou - Have you tried following kimbo123's instructions above? The most recent update should have eliminated this Error ID:2 message.

It's also just worth double checking that your tv is compatible with the app. There is a list of compatible devices here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

hi,

did the 123 step upgrade on tv software and it now works fine.

Have done all updates on my ES8005 tv and Spotify does still not work.All other apps on tv is working fine.

The tip from kimbo123 did work for me. I have a samsung ue55es8005. 
Thanks! 😉

Just did the update mentioned above and doesn't work for my 8000 series Samsung either. Still telling me about the same ID2 error.... Someone got it work with the 8000 series?

I also have the same problem with my 46e8000, have updated to current version via web, reinstalled app. Still the same message
Error ID 2

Any advice?

Suggested posts