Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Security Breach

Security Breach

Hello Spotify,

Just recently I received an email from spotify (in spanish) saying that someone was added to my "Family". Seeing that email I went on my account and saw a profile that I had no idea about on my Spotify and removed it. Last night my Spotify was being used from a device I have never heard about. Not only was my Spotify being used but the person had switched my Spotify Premium with the Student Discount to a Spotify Family subscription. I canceled the subscription. I revoked all access of devices and signed out from everywhere.

I use my facebook to get access into my Spotify account so I went ahead and changed both my facebook and my email password to ensure that that was not the problem. I set an "app password" through my facebook security page for extra protection too. I also tried to set a new password using the "set device password" link and email and everytime I opened the link in the email it gave me a big ol "Oh no" and said that I could try again at a later time.

This all happened last night and doing everything within my power, I thought I was in the clear. This morning I was wrong. I woke up to see that the person that had been listening to my Spotify has, yet again, made another playlist and has been listening to my music. Switched my premium (again) from student to family and their device is again on my list of offline devices as an Android Phone (after having already removed it.

I have tried everything within my power to fix this issue and have again revoked my subscription from spotify to stop any payment. I really do love Spotify and regularly recommend the worth that it is to upgrade to Spotify premium. It's pretty much the only site I have used for the past year. Until I get some further help I will be discontinuing my use of Spotify. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

1 Reply

They are using their full name as one of the playlists but I would like a formal solution to my problem because regardless of what I might say to this person they still have access to my account and might have it further too.

Suggested posts