Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs skip in playlists while the shuffle button is turned off

Songs skip in playlists while the shuffle button is turned off

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from users that songs may shuffle and skip ahead while the shuffle button is turned off.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
53 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

(Huawei P10 Lite)

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

Hello.

I created a playlist. When I am listening it Spotify app for Android jumps a lot of songs. Example: I'm listening track no. 15, the next played is not track 16 but another song far ahead. It hapens a lot of times.

I need to open the playlist, chose the proper track 16 and hopes that Spotify doesn't jump tracks again. Is anoying... 

Why does it hapens???? I removed the app, installed it again, downloaded again all my tracks, and is very frustrating. It takes a lot of time and patience.

This sounds similar to the issue posted here. Can you confirm that this is the same issue or not?

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello.

Is not the same issue.

In playlists I created, Spotify plays the tracks in the proper order until it jumps a lot of tracks ahead. It plays track 1, 2 and so on. And suddenly goes to track 40, or 35 or 65 (without any logic).

Is not suposed to happen.

Hey @LSMelo,

Thanks for the info.

This sounds like Shuffle might be turned on. Can you check if you see this button  in Green in your Now playing view (Next to Play/Pause).

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hello.

The button is not green, so the tracks are not playing in shuffle mode.

Hey @LSMelo,

Thanks for the reply.

Had to make sure that's not causing the strange jumping.

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following the exact steps in this Guide. This is a bit different than uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as it includes clearing all app cache and data. If possible try not to re-download your offline music straight away.

After that make sure that no sorting is enabled. Let us know if the issue continues afterwards and if it appears on both yours and other public playlists.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator

Hello.

I did the clean install twice... The problem remains...

When I open the app, it show the last song I played and I click "play" and start listening my playlist again. Spotify still jumps some songs...

But if I open my playlist, choose that song to be played and click the button to see next songs to be played, the app plays the song in the proper order...

Is quit strange... And annoying...

Hey @LSMelo,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Can you let us know if the same happens in any other device where you use the app? We'd also like to know if you manually skip the songs, they're skipped in the correct order.

Lastly, let us know if the same happens while using a different Internet connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Hello.

When I use the Spotify in my computer everything is OK. I my mobile is where I have the problem.

I have my playlist downloaded in the mobile phone.

I noticed today when I open Spotify it goes to the song I was listening, right? When I press next songs to be played it shows already the songs with "jumps". Some of them were skipped. If I go to my playlist again, opens it and choose the same song, and then press next songs to be played, they are in correct order, without skips.

In both situations, when I skip manully the songs it goes to the next song showned in the list I told (next songs to be played). The "wrong" one - with skipped/jumped songs and the skipped songs aren't played. And the "right" one - in correct order of the playlist, with all the songs.

Hope I did explain right the situation...

Hi @LSMelo,

Thanks for the explanation.

We'd like to confirm if this happens while the Offline Mode is enabled, when you're connected to the Internet, or both. If it's while connected, can you confirm if you already tried using a different connection? Any differences?

Can you also let us know if this happens with just one particular playlist or with all of them?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Hello.

It happens with offline mode enabled or disabled. And with Internet connection on or off.

Regarding the playlists, it happens with all playlists that I downloaded. My own playlist, a Spotify playlist and full albums from two bands. Never listen using my Internet connection (don't have much data to use).

I start to believe it's a Huawei thing... Like the equalizer, Huawei phones don't give permission to us to use Spotify equalizer. It simply is not an option we can enable...

Hey again @LSMelo,

Thanks for your reply.

If possible, could you try logging in to your account on a different phone to see if this behavior persists?

We'd also like you to try logging to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone to see if the issue is still present. This will help us determine if this is indeed related to your device or maybe to your account.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Hello.

Can I try to log in with someone who belongs to my subscription plan (Family Plan)? I don't know exactly if the other members of my subscription plan are considered a diferent account.

Hey @LSMelo

Thanks for getting back to us. 

No worries, you can ask a Premium Family member to log in to their account in your phone. This would help us know if the issue is account-related.

Also, we suggest that you try logging in to your account on a different phone as well to check if the issue persists there.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello again.

I tried two new accounts in two mobile phones. The situation remains...

Allways have that "jumping" songs unless I open the playlist I want to listen and start playing the song from there.

Hi there @LSMelo,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Also, if you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I did it all already. This weekend I'll send some screenshots. One of the phones I installed the app don't have external memory.

Hello.

Here are the screenshots.

One is the image "Songs jumped". When I open the app it shows the song I was listening. When I press the button to see the list of next songs it shows the one in the image (the list jumps a lot of sons). A funny thing: if I close the app and re-opens, and re-press the button to see the list of next songs (or press the button to the next song) the list is exactly the same.

The other image is the correct order of the playlist. The name of playlist is "Shuffle" as you can see. Wen I open the app, then open my playlist, the app starts playing the songs in the correct order (file "Correct order").

And this is quit strange, isn't it?

Songs jumped.jpg
Correct order.jpg

Hi again @LSMelo,

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots.

Can you double check and make sure that no 3rd party apps that you don't know of are connected to the account just to be sure? 

Also, can you let us know how you've sorted your playlists and when exactly this happens?

Since you mention that when you open the list and click on a song it plays right, how do you get this behavior?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts