Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

hdcasey - Hmm ok. Little strange. I understand my colleague sent you an email last Friday, did you receive it? Either way, I'm popping you one over now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi!

I have the same problem. I have a premium abo and tried to get a password link for my device ID 1121737737. I checked mi connected eMail account and the junk eMail but I never received the link. Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance

Kurt

Hey Kurt, welcome to the Community.

It can take up to 48 hours for the device password to get to you. When did you request it?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks Richard,

in fact I've tried it several times and as I have read in this thread the 48 hours reset with every trial. But on the other hand I have understood that people have reported here, that they did not get a link at all. So I thought, this would be a general problem. If not, I shall wait until sunday morning and see what happens 🙂

best wishes

Kurt

This has been going on since the 5th. I still got my Premium subscription, works on Mac and iOS, but when I add the service to Sonos, I get a window saying I need a subscription for the service? Can you please look into this?

HD Casey

Hi Hdcasey- I believe we've identified the problem here.

Please have a look in your inbox when you have a moment. I've just sent you a message outlining the next steps we'd like to take.

Hi There was an update to the sonos controller app so I need to re-login to Spotify. I reset my password and can login on the spotify app and via web but not Sonos. Does the 48hr delay apply to this? Or just about getting a non-FAcebook login? Thanks Ken

I have exactly the same problem... Sonos update, credentials do not work anymore

Exactly the same here. Today uppgraded the Sonos bridge, Sonos players and Sonos control application to software level 3.7. Through Sonos Spotify login not possible anymore, Sonos gives error "Your credentials are not valid for Spotify"

Where is the problem?

Same here!! I can connect to Spotify by Iphone and PC but not by Sonos... FIX IT!!! PLEASE!!! 🙂

The same here - after Update to 3.7 Spotify doesn't work anymore.

Seems like it was a general issue with Spotify that was resolved at 3pm today (found this on the sonos support page). Now works fine for me. Ken

Hey guys, it's worrying that a number of you have had this issue all at once.

But as Ken says, it may just have been a temporary issue. Are things mostly working now again for you guys?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

For me it works now - it took some time to get it back, Sonos started to work aprox. 23.00 EET.
Marked as solution

Hust tried in again, and it works now! 

Happy again!

HD Casey

Doesn't work for me.

First, the instructions didn't mention you need to have Premium account instead of Unlimited (https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/set-device-password/). Then it still doesn't work. I have gotten the email, and changed the password many times, but Sonos sign in claims Account not found.

What to do?

I have tried this but still unable to create device password!!???

Any ideas why???

Actually it started magically to work. Took some 20 mins and a call to Sonos support. I guess the service is shy and needs to be scared. 🙂

Glad to hear that's working for most of you now!

@Kitkat1976 When did you request the device password email? These can take up to 48 hours to reach your inbox. 

Also, if you make the request numerous times it can slow the process down. If you still haven't recieved an email after 48 hours (check SPAM too) please fill out our contact form so we can help.

I am having the same problem as others here.  I am stuck in the loop:

- I set up a premium account using facebook credentials

- I got a Spotify account number so I can run Spotify on Sonos

- I cannot set a Spotify password, instead I am stuck in a loop that sends me an email to set a password, then the link recognizes me as a facebook user and asks me to change my password through my facebook account. 

I really need this to work through Sonos.  Please help me establish direct Spotify password.  Thank you!

Suggested posts