Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android very slow and irresponsive. Songs cutting out

Spotify Android very slow and irresponsive. Songs cutting out

I'm running Spotify on my Galaxy S7 Edge. After a while the app began responding Very slowly. long load times and sometimes even crashes. Often I find myself having to close the app and restart it multiple times before it works. When it does work songs often cut out. This happens with the offline playlists too. I have a few hundred songs downloaded for offline play on my SD card, I feel like this may be apart of the issue but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

4 Replies

I have been having similar issues for the last couple of months. In general the performance / responsiveness of the app has gotten noticeably worse over the last year or so. It is getting to the point where I am starting to consider alternatives now even though I have been a happy premium subscriber for 4 or 5 years.

Starting up the app is always slow whether I am connected to my home wifi or using a slow 3G connection out and about. Even offline mode is slow to start so presumably it is not all related to the data connection.

There are sometimes gaps inbetween playing songs, even if they are downloaded. Sometimes the app becomes unresponsive and crashes or has to be restarted.

It's basically rubbish and needs sorting.

Sony Z3 Compact (D5803)

Android version: 6.0.1 (build 23.5.A.1.291)

A couple of hundred tracks downloaded onto a micro SD card (not the internal flash).

Sorry for the late reply. I agree. Its a wonderful service and i honestly like everything about it but this is a huge issue that needs sorting.

It's super slow for me too. I recently got anew LG V20 and the app has been terrible on it since I got it. Takes forever to forward/skip songs. Search feature is also slow.

Running Android N - Spotify App - version - 8.4.0.539.

Have been a premium member for years, and this is the first time that things have been so terrible for me.

Things seemed to have improved for me after I cleared the cache for the spotify app and rebooted my phone. It starts up quicker and there is hardly any delay playing a downloaded file.

After clearing the cache it had to re-download most of the songs I had downloaded to the sd card before, around 1,000 or so. So maybe it was due to some old/out of date data in the cache. But so far so good, fingers crossed.

Spotify version: 8.4.0.539 armv7

Suggested posts