Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC / Pixel 4 / Iphone 8 / API / Google Nest / Google Home / Denon Reciever

Operating System

Win10 Home/ Android / IOS / Web

My Question or Issue

Spotify application "connect" feature does not show a list of the same available devices on all platforms connected to the same network (see attached screenshot).  I would like to use Spotify for my home audio, however, this poses a reliability issue for me.  Is there some way to force these devices to populate?

Regards,

Jeremy

Spotify Connect Issue.jpg
14 Replies

Hey there @jdblue225

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, is this only happening on your PC or on other devices as well? Also, do all the available devices appear on your phone's Connect list? 

If this is only happening on your PC, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in two times in a row in your PC. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

Lastly, could you try again using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ok so logging out and in twice didn't work though rebooting my PC did..... for a while.  After an hour or so my devices stopped showing up again on my windows Spotify application, however, are present in my mobile applications (IOS and Android ). I have experienced this exact same issue on a system that uses spotipy to access the API and while I have experienced intermittent device recognition on my mobile devices, it has been far more reliable than the other two systems.  

Is there another solution for this other than hard-booting my PC and spotipy devices every time I want an updated devices list?

Hi @jdblue225!

Could you confirm that your current PC doesn't use the Spotipy API, but the regular Spotify app? Please note that we cannot guarantee proper functionality when it comes to 3rd part APIs.

In case you're experiencing this with the regular Spotify app, try the following:

1. Fully close the Spotify app (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager) and go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\.
  2. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  3. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  4. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that you'll be logged out and your settings will be reset, so you'll have to adjust them again. If you had music downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well. Your library, however, will not be affected, so no worries there.

If the issue persists, determine whether you've downloaded Spotify from our website or from the Microsoft Store and install the other version instead to see if that does the trick.

Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Yordan,

I followed the cached data deletion procedure listed above and unfortunately it didn't work. I went ahead and uninstalled my current spotify application and installed the Spotify site application distribution. After discovering this didn't work either, I tried the Microsoft site distribution. I verified that all 3 versions of the program were version: 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c before and after uninstall.

I am currently running:

Windows 10 Home 10.0.19044 Build 19044

I'm not sure what to check next.

Hey @jdblue225,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

To keep investigating this issue deeper, would you mind checking if it happens using the Web Player on the same PC? 

Also, some internet routers could use 2 different signal bands (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) for wide and short range. could you make sure that all your devices are connected to the same signal band of the WiFi network in case your router has this option?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Moto G8 Plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Since the update before 10th June Spotify App on my Android device is not listing all the available Spotify Connect devices.

However the web player does list them all. If I connect to them via the Web player, the Android app can then see the connected device, and can send music to it.

This is true for Sonos devices (which appear intermittently) and vollibrespot devices.

If I use the web player on the same mobile device as the app, I see the same behaviour. The web player can see all the available spotify connect devices, but the app does not

Hey there @PeteCallaghan,

Thanks for the post.

Does this happen both on WiFi and Mobile data or only on WiFi?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

Thanks for your question.

On mobile network, neither the web player on my phone, nor the app list the devices that are available on my home network. These are 2 Sonos speakers and a vollibrespot device.

Hey @PeteCallaghan,

Thanks for your response.

To be able to see all connected devices across platforms, all of those devices must share the same local network. If the devices are missing on your mobile's Connect picker mainly, make sure that your mobile device is actually using your WiFi network (where the other devices are connected) and not it's separate mobile data, as this might be one thing that causes this discrepancy for you. 

On another note a short video recording of the situation could also be of great help so we can investigate this situation deeper and give you a more sound advice here. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator

Thanks for your response. I have discovered that I can solve the issue by disabling on my app the option "show local devices only"

Hey again @PeteCallaghan,

Thanks for letting us know that you solved the situation for yourself. Kudos for sharing what setting made it work for you, as this can be of help to other users of the Community as well!

Remember to always keep your apps updated, so you don't miss any new features and fixes. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Cheers!

Kiril Moderator

Hey! 

I was reading this and i wanted to ask if there is any way that it can be discoverable through VLANs? Using Control4 we have two deferent LANs and we wanted to be discoverable through both VLANs, is it posible?

@OscarDC,

Thanks for the response. I realize this thread is old, however, I am still experiencing the same issue with intermittent device availability in my device list. To confirm, this is happening on the web player as well as the dedicated windows Spotify app. The devices I am trying to cast to only operate on 2.4Ghz band and I can confirm that this issue is present regardless band selection of my control device. 

Is there documentation on how Windows Spotify application connects to these devices? Perhaps there is some issue with API requests...

Suggested posts