Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working with Sonos devices

Spotify Connect not working with Sonos devices

Spotify connect is terribly buggy with any sonos devices. Not experiencing issues with chromecast devices.

Problems:
- When trying to connect to a Sonos device, it will immediately fail to connect
- After multiple attempts (4+) it will finally connect but no sound coming from Sonos device. Playback bar on Spotify app shows song is playing. Have to click play/pause button multiple times in Spotify app to start playback on Sonos device.

What I have tried so far:
- deleting and clearing cache of both apps
- deleting and readding Spotify integration for Sonos
- Restarting all Sonos devices and Android device

Android Version: 13
Spotify Version: 8.8.20.544
Sonos Version: 15.1.2
27 Replies

I have a similar issue with my iPhone 12. 

When I open Connect I see my Chromecast devices but none of my Sonos speakers. 

But if I use my Macbook, my iPad, my son's iPhone xR, it works every time: I see all the Sonos speakers. 

Then, I go back to my iPhone 12 and all the speakers are there too. 

It's very strange.

I've just reset my iPhone (and restored from backup) and the behaviour is the same. 

I could try to reset without restore but... well... you know... 🙂

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your comments and for the info you've posted here!

Would you mind checking this fixed ongoing issue and make sure you're using the newest Spotify-version? As this should now be resolved, updating the app can work. Let us know.

@owenevey is this still happening for you and if that's the case, could you send us the devices that are affected? Does this occur when you use Connect via phone? Is it happening on the desktop app, Web Player or when using voice commands?

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah I’m still having the issue. It’s occurring in my Sonos Era 100 and 300, and using them as a group. I am using Spotify connect kn my iPhone and also through Alexa voice commands from the Sonos speaker

Hey @owenevey

Thanks for getting back to us,

Are you having issues when trying to connect via the Spotify Connect picker, or through the Sonos app? 

The issue we had with devices not syncing has been fixed so we want to suggest some more troubleshooting that should help as this issue does seem to be connected to the specific set up you have. Check out this article that's all about Spotify on Sonos and see if the steps provided there help out.

Hope this helps out,

Cheers.

MartinModerator

Spotify connect and Amazon Alexa voice commands are what I'm mainly having the issue through. It's not necessarily a sync issue but Spotify will show it as playing, and I have to pause and play it again. Makes it such a headache to use

Hey again @owenevey,

Thanks for the response!

As far as I understand, you're mainly having issues with Alexa showing it's playing Spotify, but it's not. There's an older thread where other users were explaining that they were experiencing the same (or similar issue) so I think it's worth taking a look and following the steps suggested by @Maria in the top answer

Would you mind testing and let us know if anything made any difference for you? It'd be very helpful if you could do this so we can decide what to suggest next.

Thanks and we'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator

Tried those and it didn't work. Spotify connect doesn't use Alexa so it's unrelated to that. Is there any way this can be escalated? I've had this issue for ten months with no fix.

Hey there @owenevey

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you try unlinking Spotify from the Sonos app and then re-linking it to see if that helps with the Connect issue? If it doesn't, would you mind sending us a short video of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Regarding the other issue you're experiencing with your Alexa device, since it's different from this thread's topic, could you post it in a new thread? Make sure to send us your device info there again along with another screen recording of how Alexa is behaving. It'd also be helpful if you could leave the link of your new post here so we can take a look as soon as possible.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts