Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working with Sonos devices

Spotify Connect not working with Sonos devices

Spotify connect is terribly buggy with any sonos devices. Not experiencing issues with chromecast devices.

Problems:
- When trying to connect to a Sonos device, it will immediately fail to connect
- After multiple attempts (4+) it will finally connect but no sound coming from Sonos device. Playback bar on Spotify app shows song is playing. Have to click play/pause button multiple times in Spotify app to start playback on Sonos device.

What I have tried so far:
- deleting and clearing cache of both apps
- deleting and readding Spotify integration for Sonos
- Restarting all Sonos devices and Android device

Android Version: 13
Spotify Version: 8.8.20.544
Sonos Version: 15.1.2
21 Replies

same problem here, started happening during the last month 😞

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm the following:

• Does the issue occur only with Sonos devices? Does Connect work as expected with other devices?
  • Can you connect all devices to a different network and see if the same happens there? You can use a hotspot from your phone if necessary.
  • Please send us a video showcasing this behaviour.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Similar issue for me. Spotify Desktop app will not connect. Web Player and phone work fine though.

I think v1.2.5.954 was OK.

Sorry...just realised this is the Android section of the forum.

In the video you can see it takes several attempts to connect to the device. Even after connecting the Spotify app says the music is playing, but there is no sound coming from the sonos device. I have to keep clicking the play/pause button several times for the music to start playing.

Hello this is still an issue and making Spotify connect pretty much unusable.

Hey @tippietoes,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

We apologize for the late response. In this case, we'd like to gather some additional details. Just to confirm, are you trying to connect to more than one Sonos device? Are you trying to use Connect with a Sonos group? It'd be awesome if you could clarify this for us.

On another note, we couldn't visualize the video recording you kindly sent us previously. If you want, you can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public so we can watch it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have problems with Spotify connect, i can not see my KEF Lsx speakers to connect. Also Spotify stops a few seconds while playing music. This accured a few weeks ago, i can only use bluetooth on my speakers to connect. Via my wifi, Spotify connect is not working anymore. While my speakers are connected with wifi.

This is a definite problem with Spotify on sonos. Other streaming services like ytmusic or Mixcloud work when Spotify skips or goes silent using sonos. It's got something to do with the Spotify sonos servers. It's basically the same issue sonos Spotify had when crossfade was activated but now it happens regardless of crossfade. If yt music had the same sonos integrated functionality. Id have left Spotify over this months ago. Spotify and sonos will lose clients over this continued issue.

I've been experiencing this issue for more than a year now. SpotifyConnect on both Desktop PC and Android phone app simply can not detect my Sonos devices (Sonos One and Sonos FIve). Nor will Spotify launch from within the Sonos apps.
I've tried everything suggested on this forum, as well as by following the instructions given by Spotify here: Spotify Connect - Spotify.
When will SONOS get their act together and fix this issue?

I see A LOT of their products for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Great speakers, but it is not surprising that customers are trying to offload them when they are so unnecessarily difficult to connect to 😠

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro

Operating System lates

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Periodically get this message when connection to grouped sonos speakers Spotify can't connect or find speakers .  I have been closing and reopening app thst works but what’s root cause

Update: the problem seems to have resolved itself! Very happy to discover this, after so long. 😄 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 14)

Operating System

(iOS 17)

My Question or Issue

I have a group of Sonos Era speakers and when using Spotify connect it will connect to the speakers and show that it’s playing, but it isn’t. Only when I hit pause and then resume does it restart the song and actually play it. Also when I use Alexa to tell the speaker to play something half the time it is quiet and doesn’t do anything

Bumping this so Spotify sees this. Is there any fix?

Got the same issue when unplugged the power of Sonos beam as moving furniture. What is the suggested fix please? Thanks 

Hey @Ralphasma & @owenevey,

Thanks for bumping the thread!
Please take a look at the reply from @Joan and the questions asked there 🙂
And, @Ralphasma, does the issue occur for you when you're using voice commands, the Sonos app or the Spotify app itself?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having a similar issue. Until yesterday I could link to my Sonos speaker easily.

today, I can find my Sonos speaker in ‘Devices’ but Spotify simply will not connect.

I can use Spotify through the Sonos app but I prefer the Spotify interface so would like to understand how I fix this. Thanks

I have exactly the same problem. On android phone (my account) it is actually visible, and the name refreshes after change in sonos system. But other androids do not see it. My mac and windows see it though. Very weird.

Looking at downdetector and Twitter it looks as though Spotify are having a problem with connections this evening. Would be nice if they told us. I’ve just spent my entire evening uninstalling and reinstalling apps, resetting my router and countless other things!

I can’t change the Sonos device WiFi without being on the same network, so it won’t let me do the test with my hotspot and I have no other WiFi to use. And I only have this issue with the Sonos era speakers. However there was another issue with these speakers due to an issue with Spotify so I’m guessing Spotify connect is responsible for this issue as well

Suggested posts