iPhone 12 Pro, MacBook Pro, Google Nest Hub, Google Nest Mini, Google Home Max
iOS 15.1.1, MacOS 12.01
My Question or Issue
Spotify podcasts stopped working on Google Home connected speakers.
1. When I ask Google Home to play Spotify podcasts, or when I cast from my iPhone to a Google speaker and try to play a podcast, nothing happens.
2. When a podcast episode comes up in a playlist (e.g. Daily Drive) while the playlist is playing on a Google speaker (either direct or casting), the episode is skipped without notice and only music tracks are playing.
The issue became apparent this week but might have been present in December 2021.
Steps taken already did not resolve the problem:
- logged out on Spotify mobile
- updated Spotify on mobile
- unlinked and re-linked Spotify in Google Home app
- restarted my router
Thanks for all the posts and shared experiences.
We're currently investigating the reasons behind this issue and would like your further input by providing the following information to pass on to the tech team:
Thanks a lot for all the help,