Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify! Please fix the Sonos connection lost issues everyone is facing very often!

Solved!

Spotify! Please fix the Sonos connection lost issues everyone is facing very often!

Spotify please fix the connection lost issues I'm facing on Sonos very often.

I have a premium account and an overpriced Sonos device.

Please upgrade your server capacity or network bandwidth.

Thanks.

Please notice, removing this topic will not take away my complaints.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Claire, try Deezer. No problems at all.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My spotify account doesn't work anymore either.

When I go to Deezer, I only find radion stations. Do I need to create an account with them and pay Deezer instead of Spotify to get access to all music worldwide, just like Spotify. I am very disappointed that Spotify doesn't do anything to help us out there 😞

View solution in original post

34 Replies

No ones going to remove your topic...

However, Sonos themselves run the servers and provide the bandwidth for the Spotify service provided through Sonos. You should get in touch with their support in the first instance - they are actually very helpful and responsive and can use the log files from your Sonos system to pin down the issue pretty fast normally.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi 'licensed

I am a user from the Netherlands, using Sonos and USED Spotify. Spotify tells me it a Sonos problem, but I am busy with the Sonos Support since 2 months, and nothing seems wrong. They really did EVERYTHING they could, but still Spotify tells me that there is no connection (connection broken) or too less speed to fill the waiting list of my playlist.

I stopped with Spotify and I am using Deezer now. NO PROBLEMS at all, so Sonos is okay.

So, If someone of SPOTIFY is reading this !!!!

Please help a lot of customers or ex-customers, who want to be costumer again, to solve this problem !

I would appreciate that very much.

Hi all, I've been having the same problem (it was all working fine until a few days ago) and it might have something to do with the fact that I am going from my Mac via Wireless to the Sonos...

I'm now trying setting the wireless channel to 11 (a tip from this page: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/309):

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1230

(on Mac: Manage Menu -> Service settings... -> and then select "Advanced" from the left hand menu.

Spotify over Sonos has been playing fine since I changed the channel an hour ago and prior to that it wasn't even able to play one song through. So I'm a happy camper again so far 🙂

Hi Vicky, already tried all channels. No solution for me. Thanks for posting though.

Hi Bremvelt, yes unfortunately it stopped working for me too! However, I was offline all weekend (open air festival 😉  and now it all works fine again! I know that's not an ideal solution to the problem but perhaps it has something to do with caching or something on the Spotify servers. I read that this could be the problem and somebody said they contacted Spotify and they did something with his space on the server and it was fine again! Apparently their support is pretty good 🙂

Spotify on Sonos stopped working for me today too. Sonos is the sole reason I have Spotify, so please look into this.

I'm reading that Sonos are blaming Spotify and vice versa and frankly I don't care.  I had the same problems with Napster 18 months or so ago and decided that it was worth paying for a premium service streaming at high quality ie Spotify.

Many times I've wanted to listen to music in the early evenings, and in particular on Saturdays, I have had this problem in the last month.  Now I've got the same problem mid afternoon on a Thursday.

This is the second provider with whom I have had problems and I'm too busy to continue playing "whose fault is it?" so lets approach this purely logically. I can't change the Sonos equipment so what I'm saying to Spotify is YOU SORT IT OUT or my premium account will go the same way as the Napster one before it.

aha, so it IS a Spotify problem. I'm wondering which other of the Sonos linked music providers to swap to - no point paying all this to Spotify for nothing! Any suggestions....?

C.

Marked as solution

Hi Claire, try Deezer. No problems at all.

Ok ones agian my spotify connection with the sonos is lost. I really getting tired of this issue that i am not able to stream audio and listen to my music i pay for. This happens alot and most of the time i wait because i know it will be fixed but it really bugs me now and i am really pissed off. What is the problem that cuases this everytime. Bryan

thanks Bremvelt!

C.

Still not working,......i really consider to step up..........
Marked as solution

My spotify account doesn't work anymore either.

When I go to Deezer, I only find radion stations. Do I need to create an account with them and pay Deezer instead of Spotify to get access to all music worldwide, just like Spotify. I am very disappointed that Spotify doesn't do anything to help us out there 😞

Spotify are having problems this evening:
http://www.spotify.com/ch-de/help/service-status/

they also have a twitter account for the service status but I don't have the exact name handy... 

Hi usagichan,
Check first if deezer is available in your country. I live in the Netherlands. And yes, you need to have an account, but you can use Deezer free to try for a certain period. Deezer is a French music service and I am using it with Sonos.

I found Deezer and didn't put any card details in, but got signed up and working fine with Sonos. They don't have all the stuff I had on Spotify, but am just happy to have my music streaming again. And for free now!

If Spotify was reliable I'd stay with it, but for a tenner a month it's really not worth having such an unreliable service, for me personally. Even though I can't find everything I want with other free services, at least I can choose something. Well, hope they (Spotify) sort it out soon for you guys still waiting....

C. 

(I'm in the UK)

OK thanks for the tip. I live in Denmark, but actually I am French so I would have nothing against supporting a French initiative 🙂 I will give spotify 3 more weeks to get their act together because I will be away on holiday anyway, but if it's not fixed by the time I return I will switch to Deezer (if it is available in DK, which I will check right away). Many thanks for the tip!!! (Do you still have problems with Your spotify??)

my Spotify is still not working with Sonos, but might now be because I've cancelled my subscription and gone back to a free account. Think you need premuim to synch with Sonos but can't quite remember now... I was less patient, gave it three hours rather than three weeks!

C

Suggested posts