Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify! Please fix the Sonos connection lost issues everyone is facing very often!

Solved!

Spotify! Please fix the Sonos connection lost issues everyone is facing very often!

Spotify please fix the connection lost issues I'm facing on Sonos very often.

I have a premium account and an overpriced Sonos device.

Please upgrade your server capacity or network bandwidth.

Thanks.

Please notice, removing this topic will not take away my complaints.

34 Replies

I don't know what happened but the Spotify -> Sonos connection is suddenly churning away beautifully!  Woohoo 🙂

SPOTIFY, 18 months ago Sonos users left Napster by the thousands after being treated like fools and told that a similar problem was with Sonos.  In the end Napster came clean and apologised but the damage was done; people weren’t just angry about the lack of a service they were paying for, they were more angry about the arrogant denials and then the sullen silence as the problem got worse.

DON’T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.  Tell us what the problem is, what you intend to do about it and when.   You will find that we will probably stay with you as we like the service.  Ignore this, treat us like mushrooms, and I (and I suspect may others) will be gone at the next outage.

Same problems here. I also find that the iPhone app often advises connection lost while other apps reach the Internet without trouble

Think I might try MOG.

Deezer isn't available in my country, and I'm already operating through Sonos' hardware. So unless I'm missing something, this solution is 0 help. 

I had similar issue where I lost connection to Spotify - Sonos support were unable to fix however it resolved itself after my handset locked up and reset itself

There is clearly some state information within the handset that relates to the Spotify connection and a reset presumably cleared this.

Definitely worth attempting to force a reset of your handset or letting the battery drain which should cause it to re-initialise

Good luck

DHock

totally agree!  Two fancy kizmos and all we get is "unable to browse music - there was a problem connnecting to spotify."

Really poor performance and service...

I am not getting any music on my sonas from spotify, it keeps coming up lost connection. I got in touch with my line profider and my speed is fast, the problem is spotify, either give me my money back or fix this problem.

Can this problem please be fixed.  I pay for a premium account and it only work on the odd occassion.  What is the solution please?

I had a party at my house with 50 people and spent days building the perfect playlists using Spotify and Sonos...as the start time approached, I launched the first playlist and got "Connection to Spotify Lost"...

I'm not totally convinced this is a Spotify problem. I've had the same problem since I bought my Sonos system in 2008 and it cuts out both when on Spotify and when I run through "line in". The difference is though that Spotify completely switches off whereas the line-in comes back playing after a few seconds-minutes. Sonos support are very helpful though they tend to blame external causes also, since they can't find anything wrong. A lot of headache on the buffering side would be solved if there was an offline mode on spotify/sonos...

I'm only having the issue with songs from one particular album "Capital Cities EP"...

I had the same problem, after a firmware upgrade on my Cisco E2500 everything worked fine again.

I had the same problem, after an upgrade of firmware on my Cisco E2500 everything worked fine again.

So it was not Sonos and not Spotify.

Gone to Deezer...thanks guys!

I am from New Orleans and love music and loved Spotify until it kept losing connection to my Sonos System.  I switched to Deezer too and it works great.  Thanks for the recommendation coming from the Netherlands.  See ya'll at Jazz Fest.   From a Denizen of the swamps.

Suggested posts