Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Skill on Alexa unable to play artist or album

Spotify Skill on Alexa unable to play artist or album

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device

EchoDot 4 with clock

Operating System

/

My Question or Issue

I reported this to Amazon but they say to report to Spotify as with Amazon music all works fine.

The Spotify Skill are unable to understand when I ask to play an artist or an Album, always opena playlist of the artist that is a playlist created from user that has not all right related track.

Is better use Amazon miusic until you will not fix the Spotify skill to be able to play an artist "Play Enya music on spotify or Play Enya artist on spotify" "play album dark sky island on spotify". This command works for Amazon Miusic (removing spotify command) and never work for spotify. I read also feedback that users leaved about this skill and the issue is not only mine.

8 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help you.

Can you try to unlink Spotify and the relink it?

Can you also let us know which version of the app you have?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The issue is with Spotify Alexa Skill

https://alexa.amazon.it/spa/index.html#skills/dp/B07FK56GVY

I'm using the latest Alexa Android app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.dee.app&hl=it&gl=US

Amazon Alexa support has asked to report the issue to you.

Hey there again @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you try to reinstall the app?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nothing change.
Please remember also users are reporting the same issues on skill comments.

Reinstall Alexa app or the skill never help.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We meant that it's a good idea to reinstall both the Alexa and Spotify apps and relink your Spotify account anew. You can follow these steps:

1. Unlink your Spotify account from the Alexa app.

2. Perform a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Alexa apps. You can find instructions on how to do this for Spotify here

3. Link both accounts anew. This Support page can help.

You should then be able to use voice commands as described here.

Let us know if that helped. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the answer.

Again the steps you provided is not helping and is not fixing the issue.

I'm able to play music with Spotify, as mentioned in the guide you give in the last reply Spotify seems play playlist but as the guide never mention it, is unable to play an artist or an album... you can do only from Spotify App.

Seems if I want reproduce an artist or an Album i must use amazon music that work fine, Spotify skill, as reported from other users in the skill comments, are unable to reproduce artist or album.

The guide mentioned from you is not what I'm reporting and I'm looking for.
Again my question: did you try with Alexa to reproduce a specific artist and not a playlist?

When you ask to Alexa to play Artist Enya (for example) with Spotify the skill say wil open Enya radio that is not playing the artist but a radio created maybe from users with track that are not related to Enya.

• Are you interested of let user prefer Amazon music instead Spotify in Amazon device?
  • Are you able here just to suggest guide and step or also to try to reproduce the issue I'm reporting and other users are reporting too under the skill comments?

To me look like you don't wanna fix this or you have no idea about what the issue is because maybe you never experienced, tested this?!

It's a questions and consideration from my point of view.

Did anyone ever find a way to fix this?

I have the same issue, I say "Alexa play songs by [artist name]" but the Spotify App responds "playing [artist name] radio" which then proceeds to play a list of songs by other artists. 

It's very frustrating and is the only thing stopping me from subscribing to premium 

Hey @LDMaughan,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to be on the same page, have you tried the steps previously mentioned by @Mihail? If so, and the issue persists, it could be network-related.

In this case, we'd recommend trying it with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference. If you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts