Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Web App playback randomly stops songs & deletes queue

Spotify Web App playback randomly stops songs & deletes queue

I listen to the Spotify Web App (open.spotify.com) on my computer and have recently begun having issues with song playback that are making the web app unusable.
The web app will randomly stop a song in the middle of playback and simultaneously delete my queue. Sometimes it happens when I am three or four songs into a playlist, sometimes 10 seconds into the first song. In any case, I have to add the playlist to my queue again and restart the song I was listening to - all this just to have the issue occur again a few minutes later.
It isn't related to any input (clicking a menu, adding a song) and isn't limited to any individual playlist/songs. I have also deleted Spotify's cookies, to no avail. Never gives an error message either.
3 Replies

Hey @ChipmunkThanos,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We really appreciate all the info you kindly sent us. What you kindly described seems to be related to what was reported in this thread. So, in this case we'd recommend to check if there's  any updates available for your browser by going to Settings > About.

If you update the browser and even then this behavior persists, we'd suggest you send us the info we're asking for in the pin message of the mentioned thread. You can find the pin message at the top of the thread and we'll pass the relevant info to our tech team.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Aleja! Thank you for answering so quickly, and I am sorry for the delay in responding. Although I am fairly certain my web player's issue is different from the one mentioned in that thread (Spotify doesn't skip 5 songs whenever I start a playlist, and I just listed an arbitrary delay after starting a song before the bug took effect - I am not sure if the bug always occurs 10 seconds after I begin playing a song or some other length of time), I updated my web browser to the latest version and have not experienced the issue since then. I also forgot to record what Chrome's version was before I updated it, so I am sorry that I cannot provide you with the affected version. If I experience the issue again, I will be sure to record the browser version and all the other data requested in that thread.

Again, thank you, and I'll keep you updated!

Hey @ChipmunkThanos,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts