Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect on Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

Spotify connect on Samsung Smart TV

HI

I love the spotify app on my Samsung TV. I was playing with spotify connect yesteday on my phone and tablet and hoped my tv would be a listed device so i can output the sound from my Home cinema connected to the TV and control on my phone or tablet, but it wasnt there.

Is this avaliable on smasung tv app or planned for the future?

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Dear all,

Unfortunately, this is not yet possible indeed. The only way to get it, is by raising our voices and show our needs to Spotify staff. The way to do this is by using feature requests and voting for them. Since ther is no open issue atm,  I have created an 'Idea Submission'  to cover our request. It will need at least 50 kudos per year to stay alive.

I hope you all out there who want this future can take the time to vote for this idea! Only with big numbers, Spotify staff will acknowledge that we are quite a few that want this feature. Without the votes, they probably won't consider implementing it.

Implement Spotify Connect for Samsung Smart TV [Status: New Suggestion]

Thanks for sending out your Kudos 😄

Please note that you need to click on the link above and give Kudos over there, giving kudos here doesn't help our issue forward 😉

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Connect isn't available on TVs - current compatible devices are detailed here. As to future availability, Spotify generally don't announce their plans so we just wait and see.

Is there a way to vote for a future or submit a feature request with spotify to make them aware that some people would like to have this feature and to be kept in the loop about any advancement in that topic area?

Thx Cornelius

Yup, that is what the Ideas Exchange is for if you want to suggest it over there:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the info.

I found out that the idea was actually already posted in Ideas Exchange here (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Connect-on-Smart-TV-Streaming-Devices/id....

Still it's not possible to connect my phone with my TV (Samsung). The connect function is possible between my phone and my laptop and pc. 

The Spotify-app on my smart-tv is is crap. Cant see my artists/albums. Only play-lists. And it just doesn't work fine with the controller.

Got a Marantz SR5006 receiver, the newer version can connect with spotify, but this one can't.

Think about quitting my Premium account.

Is there a solution coming soon?

I agree im thinking of going to deezer, would like to see a better Samsung TV app or some way of using spotify connect

I have a new samsung tv and it states spotify is one of the apps but i cant find it in the apps or anywhere else for that matter can anyone help please?

You didn't mention your TV's model. Currently Spotify is not available on Samsung smart TV's running Tizen OS (2015 models).

I've got the Samsung UE40H6400 with spotify app. And i read at some spotify pages that it is possible to connect your tv to spotify.. so you can select the songs on your phone while playing on the tv... but how then? 

cause connect is perfectly working between my Iphone 6, iphone 5, macbook and Laptop.. But i cannot connect my tv and that is bodering me a lot ....

Beeing august 2015.. is there some way i missed to connect my samsung spotify with my other devices? Please tell me cause i'm on the edge of loosing it 😛

Any idea when that app comes? I've bought a new tv and was dissapointed to realise i can't use spotify on it.... 

Agreed. The Smart-TV apps s**k donkey-b*lls

Why Spotify can’t pull their fingers out on this matter. The technology is there as it works perfectly with Netflix. Definitely considering leaving my premium account and searching for a provider that caters for their clients needs.

Hello everybody!

That's very simple. In my opinion Spotify doesn't want to give us the option of connecting properly our TV with our phone because then they will be losing sales with their devices Chrome or Gramofon.

Thinking about closing my premium account too!

Regards!

Marked as solution

Dear all,

Unfortunately, this is not yet possible indeed. The only way to get it, is by raising our voices and show our needs to Spotify staff. The way to do this is by using feature requests and voting for them. Since ther is no open issue atm,  I have created an 'Idea Submission'  to cover our request. It will need at least 50 kudos per year to stay alive.

I hope you all out there who want this future can take the time to vote for this idea! Only with big numbers, Spotify staff will acknowledge that we are quite a few that want this feature. Without the votes, they probably won't consider implementing it.

Implement Spotify Connect for Samsung Smart TV [Status: New Suggestion]

Thanks for sending out your Kudos 😄

Please note that you need to click on the link above and give Kudos over there, giving kudos here doesn't help our issue forward 😉

I agree the Samsung tv app is garbage. Slow and clunky. No viewing options. No settings. No connection. If you have a PS4 though, the Spotify app there is a bit better, and can be connected to iPhone. So that's what I do to get Spotify to my receiver. It even works in the background allowing you to game to your own playlists. That's my workaround Anyhoo

Any update to this issue? I have a Samsung smart TV, but my Android phone does not recognize the TV with Spotify Connect (it does recognize my desktop PC). 

Here is an advertisement from Spotify: https://www.spotify.com/is/connect/

"Play Spotify through your speakers, laptop, TV or PlayStation®, using the Spotify app as a remote. Enjoy the music together."

Kind of false advertising unless I'm missing something...

is this forgotten about?

my samsung TV doesnt appear as an available device

I think so. I forgot about it. Was so annoying... so I bought chromecast... All problems solved.

**bleep** Samsung/spotify

Suggested posts