Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connects to unknown PlayStation 4 via Spotify Connect

Spotify connects to unknown PlayStation 4 via Spotify Connect

Since the last few days there is PS4 in my Spotify Connect devices. I don't own one and no one has my log in info. I also contacted the support and they locked my account but it still didn't help. It seems like Spotify Connect works even though the devices aren't in the same network... that seems so unsecure...

My network is secure and there are no unknown devices in it.

If someone can help me I would really appreciate that. I also hope that they make this function optional. 

2 Replies

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You don't need to be logged into the same account on a PlayStation to be able to control it. If you visit someone that has a PS4 you'll be able to stream music using Spotify Connect without logging in on the PlayStation with your personal account.

This means however that you need to be on the same network. Are you sure there isn't a PS4 connected to your network? Try checking your router settings to see if you can see a PS4 connected to your network.

Let us know what you can find.

Have a nice day!

I am sure that there is no PlayStation in my network. My friends who have one aren't the problem either. Thanks for your help though.
Another question: Is there any way to log out of the PlayStation? Because on my phone I can log out from the PS4 but it's immediately back.

Suggested posts