Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Samsung S10, PC)

Operating System

(Android 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Since I upgraded my phone from an S7 to an S10 I have been unable to see any of our Alexa devices (we have 3 Echos in the house).  I also have a Yamaha speaker with Spotify connect but that works fine.   This issue is the same on both my desktop PC and my phone.
Things I have tried: 

I have unlinked (disabled the Spotify skill) and re-linked on the Alexa app numerous times;

I have power cycled the Echos;

I have ensured "show local devices is 'off';

There are no other Spotify accounts linked to our Alexa account.

No matter what I do, the Alexa devices will simply not show in 'devices available', and frankly I've run out of ideas.

Help please!

2 Replies

Hey there @beagle808!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Just to check, have you tried restarting your devices and your router to make sure everything is synced up?

Are you able to play Spotify directly from the Alexa app or give voice commands to play Spotify?

When you unlinked the your accounts, did you remove access for the Alexa app from your Account page?

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena!
Many thanks for your reply.  Well, I managed to get it sort of working...I ended up de-registering one of the Echo Dot's and re-registering it in my name (it was under my wife's originally).  After that, the Echo I re-registered now shows up (but the other ones still don't!)
So, it's half-fixed: my wife now cannot see the Echo that has been re-registered to me, despite being on the same Premium Family Spotify account as me...

I guess this is a new issue: why can't 2 people on the same SPotify account see the same Alexa devices?

Suggested posts