Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Artists app not loading, stuck on spinning loading indicator

Solved!

Spotify for Artists app not loading, stuck on spinning loading indicator

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

iPhone 15

Operating System

iOS 17.5.1

My Question or Issue

I just got a brand new iPhone 15. I used to have a iPhone 12 Pro.
When I installed the Spotify for Artists app on my new device, it worked the first time. However, the second time i tried to open the app, it is just stuck on the loading indicator, it never loads, and is just stuck on this screen infinitely.

If I uninstall the app completely, and then reinstall it, it works again, but only the very first time I log in. If I close the app, and re-open it, it is once again stuck on an infinite loading screen.

As of now, I'm only able to use the web version of Spotify for Artists, but this is suboptimal, as it doesn't really work well on mobile.

IMG_0080.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Today I once again tried to reinstall the app, and to my surprise, it now works.

This is on iOS 17.5.1 and app version 2.1.30.

The same version did not work just a few days ago. So either Spotify has fixed something on their backend, or another wild theory. The app starting working again actually coincided with my dropping a new track. I don't see how that could have anything to do with it, but you never know!

View solution in original post

79 Replies

I have this exact same issue currently, and it’s been about two months of it 

Damn, it’s so weird. The app works fine in my old device, but just refuses to load on my new devices. The web version also works, so it doesn’t seem to be related to my account directly. I have tried everything. Uninstalling. Rebooting, etc. I really hope someone from Spotify can reach out and help us out.

HI @BITCRUSHR,

Thanks for reaching out. While the Artists services are beyond the influence of Community, we'll gladly assist you with this.

1. Could you try the following:
  2. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  3. Scroll down to General and select VPN.
  4. Tap the blue “i” icon next to your VPN name.
  5. Here you will see the Connect On Demand option on your iPhone. Turn off the corresponding toggle switch.

Additionally, are you using any antivirus software because it seems that some antivirus programs turn on the VPN automatically even if you have chosen to turn it off manually, so you can either remove the antivirus app directly or go to the app's settings and find some way to block this feature temporarily.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey. Thank you for the reply. I’m not using any VPN services nor iCloud Private Relay.

I’m also not using any antivirus software. In fact, this iPhone is brand new, so I have almost no third party software installed yet.

Hey @BITCRUSHR,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the shared info.

In this case, since this behavior could also be related to network permissions, would you mind checking with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another one available, you can use your mobile data to test it.

Also, check if your device has the tracking permissions activated by following the steps mentioned in this article as it could affect the proper behavior of some apps. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

I have tried it on 3 different Wi-Fi networks, and on mobile data. No difference. The app is still just stuck on a loading screen at launch (Except for the very first time opening it after a fresh re-install).

I have given the Spotify app the tracking permission. No change. The Spotify for Artists app doesn not appear as an option in that list at all.

I have attached a log file from Console.app on my Mac while launching the Spotify for Artists app. I hope this can help.

IMG_0095.PNG

I have the exact same problem, and I’m also norwegian, although that shouldn’t matter, haha. I don’t use a VPN anymore, but the problem occurred after I downloaded a VPN, which I no lo longer use. I still have the same issue though! And nothing have worked, I’ve tried everything 😫

I don’t think it’s VPN related, as I experienced this issue on a totally brand new iPhone. Hadn’t installed any other apps yet.

Right. Very weird.

I live in the USA and I'm having the same issue. I just bought an iPhone 15 Plus

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We've tested this on our end, but couldn't reproduce the issue. If you've already tried some basic troubleshooting and it didn't help, it's best to reach out to our colleagues at Spotify for Artists.

We hope this helps.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

Thank you. I have forwarded the issue and got it escalated to the Spotify for Artists team. Is it okay if this thread is left open so I can update it if I get a working solution from them?

Thanks for returning with this question @BITCRUSHR.

Of course, the thread will be here and it'd be awesome if you comment with any updates from the Artist team. We really appreciate your cooperation.

In the meantime, we're here if we can help with anything else.

Have a good one 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thanks for updating us when you hear back:)

Best,

I released the song May 31 and wanted to see how it did on June 1 and my app was tripping out ever since I still can’t login still can’t see how my Music is doing and I’ve tried different phones different apps and it’s just not working and I’m very sad because I feel like my music did not get pushed at all Because I couldn’t even see the statistics 

I also have this issue on iOS with it working this morning and then suddenly not working since then.

Same! Mine happened directly after I requested assistance from Spotify about them taking my music down…. Don’t know if this is coincidence… I too am on iOS and am in Australia….

I have the same.. (I’m based in Sweden and are on tying to use the app on an iPhone 13 Pro Max)

The only thing that works for me is uninstalling the app and re-installing it again. However, this only works ONE time - the first time I log in on the newly re-installed app. As soon as I close the app and open it again, the issue persists. 

Ps. I didn’t use to have this problem, it started just 2 days ago.

Same issue here, from Sweden, started today.

Suggested posts