Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify iOS inconsistent playback

Spotify iOS inconsistent playback

Spotify on iOS will randomly repeat a series of 5 songs, or stop playing the playlist altogether and switch to radio. Sometimes playing albums will also switch to radio in the middle of the album.
6 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please let us know if the same thing happens on a different device using the same account? Alternatively, can you ask someone to log in on your iPhone using their account and see if the issue persists?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1) It happens with the Windows PC app as well, but I use the iOS app for 95% of my listening time.

2) No, I don't have anyone that can help with that.

Hey @Usernamesareoutdated,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We'd like to gather as much info in this case. Would you mind checking on your queue if the 5 songs you mentioned appear as a loop? We'd like to check if you can see them repeating endlessly.

On another note, do you notice if this is happening on a particular playlist or does it happen no matter the playlist you select? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details. Also, it'd be awesome if you could send us the exact Spotify version you have currently running.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I'll look at my queue next time it happens. 

It can happen with any playlist, even the "On Repeat" ones made by Spotify.

I can't attribute it to any particular update. 

I'm using version 8.7.68.568.

I was able to confirm that the looping songs do show up as looping on the queue. "H." was the song currently playing that wasn't captured on the screenshot.

IMG_6902.PNG

Hey @Usernamesareoutdated,

Thanks for the additional info!
I suspect what you're experiencing is this Issue we have under investigation.
If this is the case, subscribe to the thread to stay on top of upcoming updates, this is being looked into 🙂
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts