Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is constantly skipping to the point where it is physically not usable

Spotify is constantly skipping to the point where it is physically not usable

Hi,

I have had spotify since its inception under various accounts and user names. I have never had an issue with the service and i love the GUI until recently. Over the past 3 months i have had significant issues with Spotify with regards to being able to listen to a track without it skipping and the audio dissappering for up to 10 seconds at a time then reappearing for 30 seconds and then repeating that cycle continuously. i have exhaustivley tried everything on the Spotify community that is suggested to fix this issue with no relief.  This includes disabling hardware acceleration, clearing all caches related to spotify, deleting the Storage folder under the program file directory and letting spotify replace it upon restarting, removing and resinatlling the latest version of Spotify and ensuring at each start up and use i am using the latest version. I recentley purchased premium thinking i could download the tracks and listen in offline mode and that i would not have the issue because the files i would be using would have been stored on my device. I also did exhaustive troubleshooting wiht my hardware and headphones to ensure there were no driver or copmatibility issues and can be sure it is not my own hardware or devices causing the issue. This did not fix the issue. I still cannot effectivley listen to Spotify without great frustration due to the constant skipping and inconsistent streaming. I cannot get Spotify to provide the service the application is intended to provide. Is anyone else experienceing a lack of advice from Spotify surrounding this issue which is all over the community help topics?  i cannot find any way to contact them other than the community blogs and help topics. Unfortunatley if you read all the related topics on the community every time someone notes they have had their issue resolved the user who made the initial post always comes back later and says that the issues were temporarily resolved and are in fact still an issue. This leads me to believe that none of the issues that say SOLVED are actually SOLVED permanentley.

AT this point i would love to be able to talk to someone at Spotify to get some form of confirmation that they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. if not i would love to be able to get a refund for my purchase of Spotify premium as it is not usable with the amout of skipping and issues i am having.    

Anyone else in the same boat? 

0 Replies

Suggested posts