Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing on Pro-ject Streambox

Spotify not playing on Pro-ject Streambox

For some months I have not been able to stream to my Pro-ject Streambox DS+. Have tried Spotify app from many different platforms (ios ipad/iphone, windows) to no avail. Issue has been ongoing since March 2022. Everything worked fine for years until then. 

I am able to connect from Spotify app to Pro-ject device, I can change volume up/down ok, however there is no reaction to pressing the Play button in the app. So device connects to app but without any audio streaming. Pro-ject device works fine on other audio streams. 

A similar issue was reported in March and later resolved on Nuvo players (where chat remarks about Streambox issue were also made). The Nuvo resolution does not help me. 

I have also contacted Pro-ject Audio support, but getting no response. 

Any suggestions?

3 Replies

I have exactly the same problem, but have not realized this until sooner because I just got back from vacation, followed by a business trip. Was definitely working fine until end of June - and I have not touched anything at all. Have also contacted Pro-Ject Audio just now (forwarded to their local retailer, unfortunately) and am hoping for an answer from there at some point soon. Will bookmark this page to see if anything comes, and can post here if I hear anything from elsewhere. Good luck and regards!

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In the last few weeks users have reported similar experiences on various external speakers not being able to play sound through Connect. The solutions are mostly dependent on the particular device manufacturer, but one solution popped up, that worked for different brands.

1. Open your external device's network settings
2. Look if you can find any DHCP / IP / DNS settings 
3. If such are present, turn DHCP off and put a static IP with a new DNS: 64.225.68.86

How did that go?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian!

I actually did end up getting a response from Pro-Ject's local distributor, and they suggested the manual DNS input of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, which I did (with Static IP) and unfortunately that didn't work at all - my streamer reacts exactly the same way, with utter silence (again, internet radio works like a charm, so no issues with connectivity).

I just tried what you suggested, with DNS 64.225.68.86, and that actually appears to work!!!

Can you maybe tell me what exactly that DNS that is, and why it works, when all others don't? This way I can maybe help people in other forums/posts, too.

Thanks!

Regards,

ric

Suggested posts