Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlists do not update in Sonos

Solved!

Spotify playlists do not update in Sonos

The Spotify playlists visible in the Sonos application (PC-based as well as Ipad and Iphone) are not updated after I have changed, created new or deleted them in the Spotify application (PC-based as well as Ipad and Iphone). All other Spotify functionality within Sonos works e.g.. I can listen to my old playlists, I can search and listen to new music etc. 

It is not that the updating is slow (a few minutes or so), the playlists are not updated after several hours.  I have restarted all systems without success.

The problem is new to me (I do have old playlists!). I have noticed that some users have experienced similar problems a few months ago but I have not found any solution. Any ideas to solve the issue would be highly appreciated! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem.  I just updated my music library (under the Manage tab) and all my new Spotify playlists were loaded on to Sonos.

Hope this works for you too.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Had the same. This trick worked: created another playlist (same name). Dragged all files from the old one (the one that never showed up) to the new playlist. It popped up right away on Sonos. Then deleted the old one that dissapeared as well right away. Only thing that still puzzles me are the deleted playlists in Spotify that still show up on Sonos (but are empty)...

View solution in original post

37 Replies

Have the same problem. Sonos "sees" my old Spotify playlists, but when I create a new one it doesn't show up in Sonos.

Same problem here.

Seems to be an intermittent problem, not a structural one. When I created a new Spotify playlist the first time, it took almost 24 hrs before it appeared in Sonos. But yesterday I created another one, and it was visible almost immediately. Depends on where "in the cloud" it is stored...?:)

Same here

Same issue, been almost 14 hours now with no updating, stared items update almost imediatly.

Does anyone know how to force Sonos to find the new playlists?

I had this problem for over a month. It seems to have started when I added a large number of playlists.  Then all of a sudden it sync'ed and updated.

Marked as solution

I had the same problem.  I just updated my music library (under the Manage tab) and all my new Spotify playlists were loaded on to Sonos.

Hope this works for you too.

Same problem here. Updated my music library and it still doesn't work. 

The problem is not only present for Spotify. I have deleted all my playlists on my Ipad & Ipod & PC, but still they continue to show in the Sonos application (even if they are empty). However, a similar problem exists with Deezer for which the synchronization is not really working as it should either.

I have the same issue. 

Same problem. Seems to happen over and over again with Sonos and Spotify. No problem using Rhapsody or any other music service, which suggests that the problem rests with Spotify. I signed up to Spotify premium only because I wanted to use the service on my Sonos. Will certainly cancel if the problem does not cease.

November and problem remains. Clearly they aren't very interested which is a real shame. May follow you here and give up on Spotify. Good, not awesome.

Well im having the same problem 😞 This was the only reason to upgrade to premium, cant live with waiting 24 hour+ for it to update, Will give it a week or so and see if it's getting fixed.

I have the same issue, with a couple of playlists I created a week ago. I've never had this problem before. What's going on? Can we get an update or at least a response please?

Marked as solution

Had the same. This trick worked: created another playlist (same name). Dragged all files from the old one (the one that never showed up) to the new playlist. It popped up right away on Sonos. Then deleted the old one that dissapeared as well right away. Only thing that still puzzles me are the deleted playlists in Spotify that still show up on Sonos (but are empty)...

I have the same issue, would like to see an official answer from Spotify or Sonos why this isn't working and if they are working to fix it?

rvnk solution worked for me

Although this is marked as solved, I found it to still be an issue. 

Workaround:

Using the Sonos Controller (Mac 10.8; not sure that matters) and browsing the spotify playlists, Select Create New Playlist button.  I'll name it asdf.  No matter what the name is, it always appears at the very top of my playlists in the Spotify app almost instantaneously.  It seems to force some kind of communication to Spotify, allowing playlists to sync.

I don't have a complex spotify playlist structure (a dozen folders, maybe 50 playlists total with less than 100 songs on each).   I've heard others in the Sonos forums find sucess by 1) updating music library or 2) re-adding the spotify music service.  Not sure where the blame lies, but this has really frustrated me and I too have considered cancelling my premium subscription.

I've been having this problem and did what Valoss suggested. It worked instantly. Then i deleted the new playlist, job done. Not ideal - Spotify could at least have the courtesy to reply to problems like this, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired - but a simple solution.

Suggested posts