Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify used ~40GB of internet data on 5 hour drive. Is this normal?

Spotify used ~40GB of internet data on 5 hour drive. Is this normal?

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Samsung S20

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Is it even possible for Spotify to use 40gb of data in 5 hours?

4 Replies

Hi 🙂

Check if you don't download music in maximum quality 🙂

It's on low and medium for cellular streaming. And I'd say at least 1/4 if the songs in the playlist were downloaded...so I'm not really sure how it used up that much really.

Hey @Mahsan

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

You can set different settings for listening to podcasts and music (Streaming quality). Keep in mind that the higher the stream quality, the more data will be used.

You can reduce your data usage by toggling on Data Saver from the app's settings on your mobile device. To find out how you can do this, along with other tips, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site article.

Some podcasts feature videos and perhaps you were listening to the podcasts with the video on. You can’t turn these videos off, but they only play when you have them on-screen. If you navigate away from the podcast or lock your device, only the audio plays.

If you don't notice any difference by trying this, you can always get in touch with our Customer Support team, so they can help you check this in more detail. You can find out how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Aleja,

Thanks very much for the info.

As mentioned above I did check and none of the settings were on high. Plus many songs were downloaded from the playlist.. no podcasts were played either but I do usually download them.

From what I've googled it really doesn't sound like it should've used that much data so I'm just very confused.. 

Thanks though!

Suggested posts