Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play on web player

Solved!

Spotify won't play on web player

When I press play on a song, it comes up the 'recently played' bar, but nothing else happens. I have a chromebook and I use it on web player- it has worked fine ever since I got it but in the last few days it is refusing to play anything at all. 

I created a new account to test on my chromebook and it works perfectly there, so I have to assume the issue is with my account for some reasons? It all works as normal on my phone. 

Could anyone help? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed!

It came up with a pop up asking for verification or something, I pressed allow and its good now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi! 🙂

That's honestly intriguing... Have you tried logging out and back in with your main account, though? I also have issues with the new web player (does exactly what you described) and am currently using the older version instead.

Please tell me more! 🙂

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried logging in and out repeatedly it makes no difference 😕

How did you get the old version?

There are a few ways, such as an useful add-on for that, an User-Agent Switcher, or using Edge or Internet Explorer (both load up the older version).
My Firefox loads up the older version too now. It's the newest Firefox.

if you have Chrome, you probably don't even need an user-agent add-on, but with this add-on you can change things for only one webpage, by specifying the URL.

If you're on Chrome and want to avoid using add-ons:

On Chrome press Ctrl+Alt+I

On the bar that appears on the right Click the "3 dots menu\More tools\NetworkConditions".

At the bottom "User agent" uncheck "Select automatically", select "Chrome - Windows" and then edit the text below, changing the number after "Chrome/XX" to "Chrome/44"

Or just paste this

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2987.110 Safari/537.36

Click here, if you want only one webpage to use a different user-agent.

If you're on Firefox and it loads the new player, download this add-on. I use the same thing.

You'll have to restart the browser... and then there's this additional button somewhere near your address bar, it looks like Earth at first. Click on it, don't touch the mobile browsers, but select either Internet Explorer or Edge. Seems that selecting Firefox helps for me too. The OS may be Windows.
Into the bar that says all_urls, type play.spotify.com. Now only this page uses this specified user-agent.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Fixed!

It came up with a pop up asking for verification or something, I pressed allow and its good now.

I've been looking for solutions for hours and yours worked! I went into my email which my Spotify account is set up, and it worked 100%! 

I have no idea what this does but it just allowed me to play my music. Thank you so much!!!!! 

@SebastVAIO wrote:

There are a few ways, such as an useful add-on for that, an User-Agent Switcher, or using Edge or Internet Explorer (both load up the older version).
My Firefox loads up the older version too now. It's the newest Firefox.

if you have Chrome, you probably don't even need an user-agent add-on, but with this add-on you can change things for only one webpage, by specifying the URL.

If you're on Chrome and want to avoid using add-ons:

On Chrome press Ctrl+Alt+I

On the bar that appears on the right Click the "3 dots menu\More tools\NetworkConditions".

At the bottom "User agent" uncheck "Select automatically", select "Chrome - Windows" and then edit the text below, changing the number after "Chrome/XX" to "Chrome/44"

Or just paste this

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2987.110 Safari/537.36

Click here, if you want only one webpage to use a different user-agent.

If you're on Firefox and it loads the new player, download this add-on. I use the same thing.

You'll have to restart the browser... and then there's this additional button somewhere near your address bar, it looks like Earth at first. Click on it, don't touch the mobile browsers, but select either Internet Explorer or Edge. Seems that selecting Firefox helps for me too. The OS may be Windows.
Into the bar that says all_urls, type play.spotify.com. Now only this page uses this specified user-agent.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Seb

Suggested posts