Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The connection to Spotify was lost.

Solved!

The connection to Spotify was lost.

I very often experice ""The connection to Spotify was lost." - And Sonos could not add songs to playlists. Sometimes I just need to try again, sometimes I give up that day.

I do not experience dropouts on other services (Aupeo, WiMP or Radio). 

Anybody else experiencing this? 

I've seen on other forums (Sonos') that the root cause probably is that Spotify servers are overloaded.

Comments?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Clearing the Queue worked for me!

View solution in original post

24 Replies

same here

I have same problem on Sonos. This was never a problem earlier but somehow seems to happen more often

I have just started to receive the same message. My problem seemed to be apparent when i changed from sky to virgin media.

The controller logs in to the account fine and i can see any new play lists created but gert the same message as you.

I will try and get a response from sonos and get back to you all

cheers

I have continuous problems and the customer service is terrible. I think their servers are overloaded. I may cancel subscription.

I have just purchased a Sonos 5 and taken out a Premium Spotify subscription. I have experienced the lost connection message all evening. All other services are working fine and the Sonos is running the latest firmware. I've tried rebooting my player which seems to resolve the problem for a few minutes then I get the lost connection message again.Does anyone have any idea where the problem lies and what the solution to my problem might be?

Hi,

log the issue with Sonos support - they are great and can diagnose these types of issues. It's possibly down to your network config or maybe an issue with their servers

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi, I'm also getting the 'connection to Spotify was lost" in our Sonos- we are also on Virgin Media but on the XXL Broadband so the speed should not be an issue. I have made sure that the other laptops are not on Spotify.  We have Spotify Premium. 

Have written to Sonos support. Haven't heard back. 

Did you ever find resolution? 

Frustrating paying the premium fee but not able to use it! 

Hi, and thanks for various comments, it seems this is a common problem. Since my last post I have checked my network and everything seems to be ok. Interestingly over the last few days Spotify seems to be playing without significant problems on my Sonos. I'm therefore leaning towards the problem being server side somewhere, maybe the servers are not able to cope with peak demand. Any further thoughts anyone?

I thought it may be an issue with the evenings.  But I tried this afternoon as well, and again, it was patchy. Quite frustrating.  Hopefully someone will come back to me from Support. 

Just started to encounter disconnections fron Spotify again, very frustrating.I've now written to Sonos support to seek help in resolving this matter and I will advise of any progress.

Let us know if you hear back from them. I am disappointed that they haven't emailed me back about my issue. 

Still having these issues.... Also have rhapsody and there is never a problem with that one..... Sometimes I try to play a nmber on rhapsody and then when I change back to spotify I do not have a probem with spotify.... Weird.

My problems with Spotify/Sonos continue. I'm now trying Napster Rhapsody and so far no drop outs .........bliss!

Marked as solution

Clearing the Queue worked for me!

Sad to say, but the Sonos - Spotify combination is not a stable solution. Mostly it works but when you need or want it it will let you down.  Sad for people like me paying premium services for all these suppliers.

Hi, I don't think this is anything to do with the Sonos/Spotify connection being unstable.  I couldn't connect to Spotify last night at all, either through Sonos or directly through the PC app.  I could browse music/playlists etc but the error message was the same "connection lost".  Problem at Spotify's end?.......

I have now been a Spotify customer for about 8 hours. I was hoping to use Spotify with Sonos. So far its been a disaster. How complicated can this be ? I cannot seem to use your service at all as it is intended,

Same problem here. Very frustrating. Im also having this issue where I need to update my Spotify password to Sonos every single day. I get this "Unable to browse music" and when I go put password again it lets me browse, only to have "The connection to Spotify was lost" again. This happens maybe once in a week, not every day.

Spotify seems to work fine on mobile and laptop, for me its only Sonos-related issue. But, because I listen to music only on Sonos at home, Im already thinking of replacing Spotify. Cheaper than replacing Sonos anyway.

I initially raised this issue in March. The problems has been on and off, but lately is has reapeared and now it happens almost everytime I try to play something. When it finally starts (after changing number in the queue) it used to play pretty stable, but lately playback seems to stop for no apparent reason and "The conneciton to Spotify was lost."

I'll be looking for an alternative to Spotify to use with my Sonos. "My patience with Spotify was lost."

Suggested posts